ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gallardo Superleggera vs Ducati 1098 on fifth gear.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Great to watch.

Hasslam can sure ride and the 1098 is awesome.

They seem to use Castle Combe alot now.

did you watch the part with the girls in the back of the bentley? f me they were lookers, nice birds eye view and all ;)

im not a lech

jamie

SLK 350
Ah nice.

Good watch, Like to see how a 10R or Gixxer thou would of got on mind, none of this girly twin malarky!

Pfft.

Lol, 10R would of been wobbling its bars all down the straight LOL.

I heard the rest of the show was pretty good as well although I missed it.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Sorry mate im tired.

I would just love to see the best car and bike together.Not an italian exotic against a real quick bike.
The price does'nt come into it for me.There too far appart to compare.
I'd like to see a hot lap with a veyron and say an R1 if thats still the fastest bike on the road.
Dont forget the superbike championship machines only lap at the same times as the porsche cup racers,so i'd like to see that.

The test would only be fair with the MV Augusta F4CC which is £70,000 lol.

Which is kinda the same sort of price scaling as the Veyron. MInd you I'd like to see that as I've never seen one moving ever lol.

Yeah I've seen the R1 get blown away top end by a Veyron.

The MV would too, its 'only' does 195mph.

Only bike I know that can 'could' match those speeds lives in Northern Ireland. Its a Busa turbo that achieved a GPS speed of 254mph, then again it has 750bhp LOL!!!!

Clio 172 Phase 2
Great vid wasn't it. But Leon had far more speed, he was showboating so they would stay in the same shot. Having said that (and I have both cars and bikes) you can shape the debate anyway your want. If you take outright circuit lap records F1 takes everything including MotoGP (that's downforce and cornerspeed for you), although up to a certain speed a MotoGP bike can accelerate with an F1 car. Then look at Superbike vs say Touring Car (much closer) and so on.

Out on the road, unless like track conditions most bikes are real world faster;smaller, better power to weight etc. But if it rains!

What we need are some more head to heads on 5th Gear; how about, say Takuma Sato in a Nissan Skyline vs Nori Haga on the original R1, and what about going back a few years; RS Cosworth vs Fireblade anyone. Gentleman start your engines!

And finally here's a shout for VBH!

I find its all about picking the right line tbh.

I go round a certain bend on the way home from work, and tbh I can now corner it as fast as I can in the 182, I mean I am virtually touching the ground but taking the right line means I am much more confident in carrying speed into the turn.

Clio 172 Phase 2
Agreed. Best money spent on going quicker on the bike is on a trackday or Keith Code school type tuition. Helps in the car too. Best thing I've ever learned (a worth sticking too when you have 'a moment') is that you will go where you look. So no glances at that ditch straight ahead as the corner tightens!

Various
Veyron Vs Motogp bike?( 990 2006spec) that would be good.

Thats a bit much.

You would have to be fair and have moto GP v's F1 car

Thats hardly fair now is it.

600kgs 800bhp vs 160kgs and 200bhp

1000kgs down force vs no downforce.

Clearly an F1 car would lap, accelerate, brake, corner much quicker than the Moto GP bike, thats what it does.

Superbikes vs touring cars make a better comparison, mostly with the superbikes lapping quicker.

Nurgburgring times are another good comparison with modern sportsbikes in road trim lapping at 7min 30 sec BTG