ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10 Things You Didn't Know About The Clio 182

Hey guys,

I'm Gabor from Car memes / carthrottle.com and I need your input! We are filming a "10 Things You Did Not Know About The Clio 182" video and I'm looking for some Easter eggs to include. I thought the best thing to do is go directly to the owners, so here I am.

Our previous videos in this theme:
10 Things You Didn't Know About The Honda S2000: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1yfFSX3nRU
10 Things You Didn't Know About The Rolls-Royce Ghost: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCD-AejZwQg

Any interesting facts?
smile.gif

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Doesn't the rear windscreen wiper come on automatically when you select reverse?
Wasn;t there also something about teh Glovebox being chilled?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah but a 172 & my car do that too. It's not just on the 182.

It doesnt say "10 things you didnt know about the clio 182 but that arent also things you didnt know about the 172"

Its going to be a bloody short list if its going to be things about the 182 the public dont know but that are all different to the 172, as the cars are damn near identical!

It doesnt say "10 things you didnt know about the clio 182 but that arent also things you didnt know about the 172"

Its going to be a bloody short list if its going to be things about the 182 the public dont know but that are all different to the 172, as the cars are damn near identical!
No sh*t!!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The auto lights can be turned off by turning the headlights on and off 3 times in quick succession. (non cup only)

The internal motion sensors can be disabled by turning the ignition on and off 3 times in quick succession.
(handy if you need to leave a dog in the car while you pop in the shops)

The auto wipers can not be turned off in any f*cking way at all!!!! :mad:

That the mirrors are heated, and the aircon models have a blue cover inside the glove box that you open to turn it into a cool box.

And the 182 cup has more front castor over the normal 182

Also how many sub 20yr old plebs drive them.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
And the 182 cup has more front castor over the normal 182
Our non cup looks to be on original arms (they look old!), and they are the increased castor ones. Ive seen lots of others the same too.
Its all 182 and the 172 cup and 172 from 2003 onwards that renault list as having them too (although ive heard people saying of some that didnt), so its only the ph1 and the early ph2 172 that renault dont say should have had them from the factory.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The 182 is named after the number of seconds it took to do a lap of the Nurburgring race circuit, breaking the previous production car record by over 3 minutes.

Well its as true as it having 182PS

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
1. They don't have 182 bhp
2. It's a 172 with more exhaust tips, less spare wheel well and more colours
3. There's a hook on the petrol flap to hold the petrol cap
4. Chasing power in these without going forced induction is pissing in the wind
5. The 182cup (and every subsequent cup) was a bit of a let down after the 172cup
6. Trophies should only be removed from the garage once every 43rd blood moon, and only be washed with the semen of a newly adolescent unicorn.
7. The storage spaces in the back are perfect for mcdonalds cups
8. I've ran out of helpful facts

Your vehicle comprises of 87% Recyclable parts and already contains parts which are made from recycled materials

And also 95% Of the plastic parts in your vehicle are marked by a symbol to tell you what type of plastic it is manufactured from

F A C T

(taken from drivers handbook pg.2.11)