ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

game consoles

pick a favorite and explain why

*xbox

*xbox 360

*playstation1

*playstation2

*psp

*nintendo

*sega

*nindtendo ds

*nintendo ds lite

*gameboy

*gameboy advance

:rasp:

Lee

BMW M2C
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - N64.

If anyone doesn't agree that's the greatest game of all time then they are wrong.

I don't need to explain why, if you've played it you'll know, if you haven't then you really should get a copy.

T

thecremeegg

PS2 - Massive collection o fsuperb games - metal gear solid 2 mmmmmm :D

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
PC- Because of the controls, but is that classed a console bearing in mind what the xbox ps3 etc now is???

But N64 is second, played SO SO SO much Goldeneye when i had it.

Lee

BMW M2C
It's hard to pick a fave console. The SNES was amazing, the PS1 was a huge leap, the PS2 had a great selection of games, the N64 had two of the best games ever made and the 360 has Xbox Live.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - N64.

If anyone doesn't agree that's the greatest game of all time then they are wrong.

I don't need to explain why, if you've played it you'll know, if you haven't then you really should get a copy.
Agree 100%, the only game I have ever played where I was sad I'd completed it.

N64 was my favourite console of all time even tho i have had a selection...

Zelda - Ocarina of TIme
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Mario 64

Just some favourites from an amazing console

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
N64 was my favourite console of all time even tho i have had a selection...

Zelda - Ocarina of TIme
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Mario 64

Just some favourites from an amazing console

Amen!!

It is hard to decide though, Snes - Mario Kart, Donkey Kong both amazing games.

N64 - as above with Zelda being IMO the best game ever.

PS2 - Granf Theft Auto, need i say anymore?

S-Max
Very good games on lots of consoles.

Mariokart was great on the SNES as was Street Fighter 2. I loved Res 1 on the PS1, also ISS Pro on PS1.

Going back to the Commodore Amiga I loved North and South & Turrican 2 on that.

Then more recently Gears on 360, Res 4 on PS2, Pro Evos on many consoles but PS2 the best. It goes on and on but couldn't say my favorite. I may have played one more than the other but that could be down to the time I had at that time, for example I love my 360 but am married with 3 kids and a full time job, doesn't mean the SNES that I played on average 6-8 hours a day 17 years ago was better.

BMW Z4 3.0i
It's not an option but I prefer pc's. Can't beat using a mouse. PLus first-person shooters are my favourite and a mouse/keyboard combo is so much better than a controller.

I prefer driving games on consoles though. The last one I bought was an original playstation, so I'd say that was my favourite because we were all introduced to Gran Turismo on it.

A4 Avant
Does the wii play n64 games? Can I get the n64 version of zelda to work on it? Never tried it but by the sounds of it from you guys it must be pretty good!

My favourite console was SNES. Mario kart 4 player and micro machines v3 4 player was awesome! We'd have twelve hour sessions on it!!

clio 182 black /gold
I have a playstation 1, i got sick of dusting it so it is boxed up now. I also have a X box. That also hardly gets used. I also have a Nintendo DS lite. I have used it a few times. Anyone want to buy it? I don't know what it is but i hardly play games. Im tempted to play gotham racing 2 on the X box.

pick a favorite and explain why

*xbox

*xbox 360

*playstation1

*playstation2

*psp

*nintendo

*sega

*nindtendo ds

*nintendo ds lite

*gameboy

*gameboy advance

:rasp:

oops forgot to put ps3 even though its one of the new consoles

Lee

BMW M2C
Does the wii play n64 games? Can I get the n64 version of zelda to work on it? Never tried it but by the sounds of it from you guys it must be pretty good!

My favourite console was SNES. Mario kart 4 player and micro machines v3 4 player was awesome! We'd have twelve hour sessions on it!!

It won't, but if you buy Wind Waker for the GameCube that comes with a copy of Ocarina of Time which will play on the Wii as it's a Cube game. It's a shame you won't be able to use the N64 pad though, as it was superb with Ocarina of Time.

It's really this good: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/n64/legendofzeldaocarina?q=ocarina

None
Megadrive - games were actually about gameplay back then

My pc can play all the console games anyway (well most of them bar ps3/xbox3600 ones)

1.8 Civic EX
I'm amazed it's taken till Post 22 to mention FF7...clearly the best game ever made...

I had Orcana of Time and thought it was a bit pap to quite honest, I got the new one on the Wii too and got bored of that....

Best overall console would have to be PS2, just due to the shear ammount of games, appealed to everybody, the DVD drive etc

for multiplayer fun (offline) then it would always be a nintendo of some form, and online multiplayer the 360.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
MegaDrive - Purely for the memories it invokes

i think i'd agree with you there. Most of my youth was spent obsessing about sega games.

More recently, when got my first Playstation and Resident Evil (I paid £80 on american import) i messed my pants...

Octy VRS
SNES for Mario Kart, Top Gear 2 and Street Fighter 2

PS1 for Resident Evil, the introduction of Grand Theft and Gran Turismo

PS2 for Vice City, San Andreas, GT4 and Hitman series

PS3 for it's Multimedia capabilities plus the whole host of goodness to come continuing from above.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Atari 2600.

I played on that more than any other console I've ever owned.

It won't, but if you buy Wind Waker for the GameCube that comes with a copy of Ocarina of Time which will play on the Wii as it's a Cube game. It's a shame you won't be able to use the N64 pad though, as it was superb with Ocarina of Time.

It's really this good: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/n64/legendofzeldaocarina?q=ocarina

Ocarina of Time is on the Virtual Console, you will need either a gamecube pad or the classic controller to play it.

Anyone ever gone back to using an N64 pad after a ps/xbox pad?

Its really hard work, them bloody c buttons