ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gates/Ktec timing belt kit issue?

Clio 172
Just had a call from the mechanic doing my timing belt change, He tells me that the lower idler pulley is wrong and has the wrong bolt hole size (too big).

Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem before with this kit?.

HBT 172 Cup
2 kits, one for ph1 engine one for ph2, the difference between the two kits, is the problem you are descirbing i believe.

Clio 172
mmm thought as much, I did specify ph1 172 when ordering but obviously there's been a c**k up!!!.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
mmm thought as much, I did specify ph1 172 when ordering but obviously there's been a c**k up!!!.

Can you please quote the part no. from the box? If there has been a picking error we will of course remidy immediately.

Sean.

Clio 172
I'll be phoning today sean, wasn't having a go just didn't realise there may be 2 different kits.

Clio 172
It seems the c**k up was on my end and NOT KTEC, the lower idler pulley is different on the ph1 and ph2 and it looks like my car has had an engine swap or had a ph2 kit fitted at some stage in its life.

Hopefully get it sorted tomorrow when i'll have both kits at hand.

I'll post pics up so everyone can see whats what.