ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gdi 182 flames remap

A4 oil burner !!!
So for me to get a more pops and bangs whats the best route ?
Current set up - matched inlets, Cat cams, ktec cat back zorst, itg panel and remapped.
Did have a decat but with the raspy ktec it was far too loud !

I guess i need the ph1 cable throttle body but do i defo need Omex and a decat as that will start getting too expensive and loud again ?

Last edited:
sweet, just dont tell the missus. shhhh ;) lol

Why?

She'll be there, as you both live down GDI don't you? ;)

pretty much lol

So for me to get a more pops and bangs whats the best route ?
Current set up - matched inlets, Cat cams, ktec cat back zorst, itg panel and remapped.
Did have a decat but with the raspy ktec it was far too loud !

I guess i need the ph1 cable throttle body but do i defo need Omex and a decat as that will start getting too expensive and loud again ?

get a silenced decat or sports cat, Omex and cable throttle (only cheap)... tbh it's a big expense for just some flames, but I guess it's only another couple of grand at that stage to goto full ITB'd setup... lol

ESP, ABS etc etc all a total waste of time anyway imo... power steering is the only luxery I demand in a car these days, even then I like it to be fairly heavy for better feedback. I couldn't stand the DBW on Laura's Ph2 172, but I guess you get used to it as she hated it at first too

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
ESP, ABS etc etc all a total waste of time anyway imo... power steering is the only luxery I demand in a car these days, even then I like it to be fairly heavy for better feedback. I couldn't stand the DBW on Laura's Ph2 172, but I guess you get used to it as she hated it at first too

Fly by wire's ok imo, not like on the R32 where it thinks about giving you more power...Before doing so.

A4 oil burner !!!
Might go for the cable throttle and pass on the omex and subsequent pops and bangs, should be a bit more responsive.

Unless anyone has an omex unit going cheap ?

M

mini-valver

To run cable throttle you will need OMEX as the cup ECU does'nt support it.....

A4 oil burner !!!
yes i have been dutifully informed DOH !!

Dont suppose its as simple as using a ph1 ecu in a ph2 and tampering with it ???

Hides in corner and waits for abuse !!!!!

'92 172, Lotus Elise
how well do F4Rs normally pop on overrun? with say a straight through exhaust (decat etc)

my mk1 16v popped beautifully on overrun, don't want to lose that :(

never seen a Mk2 flame at all unless it's on after market management... Laura's old one didn't even pop, just got these girly little burps lol

aaah! fair do's, her's might have done that from time to time as you get the odd pop, but it's nothing like the ones I used to get on mine. Last time we were playing with it I asked Andy to do the anti lag demo to show Wayne and the flames were almost a couple of meters long and could easily have been mistaken for a rocket launcher lol

... oh, what's with the name change too dude? :S

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
My old 172...Burped at best! I think my 1.2 popped more!!

Loved the flames out of Phil's car! need that on the vee! The shotgun'in physically scared me! haha!

M

mini-valver

^You can do that if you're running MPI too. A mates Corsa SRi with de-cat made some inmpressive flames doing it....