ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI 182 Mapping testing

53 Clio's & counting
if the gents testing what the car runs at full revs i can understand that,if he developes products and they blow up at high revs for example he isnt going to make much money,if it had blown up,he would know what to upgrade,also it will be interesting to see a graph of that,although all those revs prob wont be worth it,at least he knows it will all hang on together at that speed
no offence intended to anyone,but i see what he was doing

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
oh no..... that was a long time ago with std internals etc

same ecu though... thats about all that is the same.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
there is no need whatsoever to rev to that on the road or track with the cams that it uses, however as said by some of you... its for component testing and because we can and YES so we know for future... no point developing engines if we dont play with things like this so we can build that valuable info into future work... R&D!!

you dont stay the best by giving away all your secrets ;) lol

The best at what?

We dont know anything about the spec of the car what power it has, who built the engine ;).

Let me up the rev limit on mine and video it. Will I be the best then?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
you'd probably be the best moaner tbh.

all the bad feeling in this thread is annoying.

Tangoed Works
you'd probably be the best moaner tbh.

all the bad feeling in this thread is annoying.

my thoughts exactly. why piss on someones parade when you dont even know any thing about it. its all about trying new things and so what if he blows his engine, its his car. its better if his gets blown trying things that we might buy so the same doesnt happen to us.

my thoughts exactly. why piss on someones parade when you dont even know any thing about it.

I just want to know the spec of the engine and what power it runs. Its a car forum hes an engine tuner seems like a fair question.

why? he's not advertising anything is he? he's simply put up a vid of his 182 reving to 8.3k showing it's capable of going that high without any fuss.

it's a testiment to how well put together the car is, i've driven about a 1000 miles in total on that car, mixture of road and some track and it's a total pleasure. it whoops mine in every test, even on the straights, find me another F4R with similar mods and single body that can do that and I'll chew my own ears off. the spec is in PGTI and or Performance French car (same mag? no idea...) for all to see and was up on the car all day at RWS when I took it there for a run out.

anyway... staying on topic... mmmmm revs :approve::cool:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
lol not offended, just bored of all the ill feeling.

why don't you pm GDI or even better ring them?

I already have a fair idea what it is. Very high spec all steel internals and some very wild cams cost 10k + and built by ?.

I think TheJesus said something about not advertising. Really!?

Posting up an RR run of something that no one on Cliosport can afford (well maybe BenP could) and giving no information on it what so ever other then its a GDI test car.:dapprove:

I already have a fair idea what it is. Very high spec all steel internals and some very wild cams cost 10k + and built by ?.

I think TheJesus said something about not advertising. Really!?

Posting up an RR run of something that no one on Cliosport can afford (well maybe BenP could) and giving no information on it what so ever other then its a GDI test car.:dapprove:

yet again, your ramblings are all based on assumption of what you "think" you know ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I seem to remember reading somewhere that RenaultSport say the engine can't cope with prelonged periods of revs over 7k? Suppose that'll be on standard internals mind

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
I seem to remember reading somewhere that RenaultSport say the engine can't cope with prelonged periods of revs over 7k? Suppose that'll be on standard internals mind

one of the reasons we tested...

the lifters dont like it... they get air in them and you loose valve lift and loose power...

plus above 8300 rpm the roller rocker assembly doesnt like to stay together....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

one of the reasons we tested...

the lifters dont like it... they get air in them and you loose valve lift and loose power...

plus above 8300 rpm the roller rocker assembly doesnt like to stay together....

Good call, keep up the good work :)

a thirsty one
sounds like they gained some interesting r+d and at the end of the day and will help shed some light on future engine developments which in the long run we can gain from.

i liked the video for what it is, seeing an engine most of us know (all be it with a lot of mods) revving and just when you think he will lift, revs some more.