ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear Knob help and ideas

Hi guys,

Complete noob and need a bit of advice please.

The gear knob markings on my MB 172 Cup have completely worn off and I want it back in the original look. What is the best way to do this? I heard the word inserts a few times and not really sure what these are/how to use them. Or is it best getting a different gear knob if so is the current one a twist or pull job?

Racing Blue 182
I think that the insert is the plastic but in the middle of the gear knob with the markings on. This should just pop out (with the help of a screw driver) and you can get them refurbed by someone like SprayShack on here, or you can get a decal from N2Graphix and stick it on and put a couple of coats of lacquer over the top.

However, don't take my word on it as I am a bit of a noob too :)

Flamer ph2 172
I'm in the process of doing all mine dash inserts black, just pops out with a screw driver all I'm doing it sanding them down and the spraying them with the colour of your choice (black for me) about 3 coats then apply the graffics I got mine from n2graphix for £7 for the full set, then apply a couple of coats of lacquer pop it back in and job done

1.2 16v
I was wondering about getting this decal from n2graphix. As i didn't get response from them maybe you can guys tell me, if this decal is made from both color (ex.black) AND transparent (to "hold it") foil or just the actual colour foil (with no transparent inbetween the graphic)?

I was wondering about getting this decal from n2graphix. As i didn't get response from them maybe you can guys tell me, if this decal is made from both color (ex.black) AND transparent (to "hold it") foil or just the actual colour foil (with no transparent inbetween the graphic)?

I think there is transparent foil there

1.2 16v
I've just got a reply from them, maybe it will be useful for somebody - there's no transparent foil used.

Got my sticker through and fitted it and covered in lacquer. Looks decent :). Just need a bit more lacquer to ensure it doesn't peel off. Cheers for the help all