ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear linkage rod

Clio 182
Hi all new to this forum but been a ghost for awhile, I have a 182 that the gear linkage rod has disconnected I can see it hanging down from underneath, anyone know how easy it is to fix? I have no gears and when you move the gearstick you can hear it rubbing out. Any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rusty Cup
Sounds like the linkage has just come apart. Ideally get the car on axle stands, re-attach the gear linkage by hand and do up the 13mm bolt. the gearstick needs to be centred otherwise you wont be able to select all the gears.

Focus RS
I'd put money on it that it's bent push it back up below the subframe and the gears should come back. I'm looking into getting a stronger one made up.

Clio 182
Thanks for the advice, I jacked it up today and indeed it is very bent , where’s the best place for a new one? Or should I just get one from the breakers? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Focus RS
I just pushed mine back up and for road use its fine. For track use I think a stronger one is needed, I dont know if a new one is available or not and the pms one is very expensive albeit you get a new gearstick as ell the looks to be in a better position.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I just pushed mine back up and for road use its fine. For track use I think a stronger one is needed, I dont know if a new one is available or not and the pms one is very expensive albeit you get a new gearstick as ell the looks to be in a better position.

Stock gear rod is fine not had any issues on track. Is engine rocking all over the place ? The pms is great worth every penny too so much better than stock setup.

Focus RS
Stock gear rod is fine not had any issues on track. Is engine rocking all over the place ? The pms is great worth every penny too so much better than stock setup.

I've the evol dog bone mount and the black series insert in the engine mount. It seems very solid.