ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

??? gear noise on clio 200

clio 200
Hey guys

Am a little concerned about a noise that sounds like its coming from gearbox when you lift off the accelerator(seems to be worse in 3rd and 4th) its like a metalic/whirring noise and very noticable when the windows are open so obviously quite noisy outside of car!!

Any ideas????

Diff going??

Taken into Renault and they dont want to know at mo!! tried to fob it off and say they couldnt hear the noise and then eventually gave in but say they dont think its anything!!

Wish I didnt like RS so much as the service is rubbish

Nissan 350z
Hey guys

Am a little concerned about a noise that sounds like its coming from gearbox when you lift off the accelerator(seems to be worse in 3rd and 4th) its like a metalic/whirring noise and very noticable when the windows are open so obviously quite noisy outside of car!!

Any ideas????

You are probably refering to the induction noise, it sounds like a sucking noise as you described when you allow the car to coast without the accelerator pressed right?
Its created by the butterfly valve to the side of your battery to my knowledge.

Guilietta 2.0 JTDM-2
I think it's just a trait of the car/gearbox/exhaust tbh. I have the same thing, and so does my mate in his 200!

I wouldn't worry mate, you've got warranty to cover it should anything break anyway, which I doubt it will!

clio 200
I have to agree with gaz-kev, having owned renault sports for 8 years now thats not a noise i have heard before!.......And surely cant be normal.