ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox #3 in 4 months

330Ci Sport Convertible
This time i went the official route and had a Renault supplied one. Spent a fortune on the 2nd one only to find out it had been poorly fitted with 3 of the locating dowels missing. You live and learn,wont go there again :dead:

Cost £1006 fitted with a years guarentee on parts and labour so should have happy motoring until its replaced [3 weeks ST 3 in ASBO Orange]

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I had 3 gearboxs in my old 172 in 2 weeks, beat that! 4 if you include the orginal one.

330Ci Sport Convertible
I had 3 gearboxs in my old 172 in 2 weeks, beat that!

Cant beat that lol, but had a good go.Gearbox 3 started leaking 5 miles from the garage. Took it back and they topped it up with oil, 20 miles later it killed the diff bearing and ate a drive shaft gator.

Needless to say, i wont be using them again.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
my first was in about an hour, kept jamming in gear, second was brand spankers from renault, started making some very funny noises and the 3rd was spot on :)

330Ci Sport Convertible
All under warranty I hope??

Nope it was a 2nd hand box from one of their suppliers, they didnt want to know. Luckily its a 2nd car for me so i could afford to get it sorted elsewhere and drive my evil desiesel Alfa 159. Still hurt the wallet though. wouldnt let the garage anywhere near my car again.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
mines on the original box, car has been killed from day one, been to the ring 3 times, 12 trackdays etc and it's been running 225hp for the last few years!

Are u not using the clutch to change gear? LOL

Golf GTD Mk7
lol probably just renault gremilins. Wierd that boxes seem to go so easily. Even when they are new.

Clio 197
If they didn't want to know about the second gearbox being faulty you should send them the bill for your new box from renault. Give them 28 days to pay or you will take action through the county court. Will cost you ~ £60 to take it to court and they probably wont even turn up so it will be decided in your favour.