ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox clunking??

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Sometimes when changing gear, especially in 3rd.

On the way back up on the clutch, I get a clunk.

I was thinking it is a gearbox mount, but I had the top mount under the battery tray changed earlier on in the year.

So I guess the dogbone mount should be next.

Could be anything else?

If its the dogbone the gearstick will shake around loads when you accelerate and more noticbly when you lift off move about.

Could be the box going they start to fail the 3rd syncro first.

Check the engine top mount though and the clutch cable is ok and the teeth on the adjsuter are ok.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Thanks for the advice Edde.

Just been out in it now and it seems to be more of a thud in every gear now with lifting the pedal off, when changing up the box at low speeds.

High speeds seem to be smoother.

It's the same sort of noise & feeling some people get when selecting 1st gear in the 1*2's.

I got it booked in with Renault tomorrow, so I guess we'll see what they say.

Mine grinds a tad in 3rd when cold or when ragging it. When its hot its fine though. I use ATF Would like some 75/80 gear oil but its not bad enought o worry really.