ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox gaiter 172 part number

172 clio
I busted my gearbox gaiter, my local renault dealer say that because it is an import they don't know the part number, can antone help on that? It is an 03 172 to UK spec, also they want to charge £40+ to fit it - i don't think so, how do I do it myself?

Cheers

Lou

Dead easy to fit
The old one you pull up turning it inside out then you'll see the little plastick tie wrap cut that off and remove the gaiiter.
The the instalation of the new one is just the oposit of what you've done to remove it . BTW you will need to cut the new tie wrap as otherwise it will puncture the new gaiter.

There just lazy not finding the part number tell them its for the car HN54 JYh thats a 182 Cup but I'm 905 sure its the same aprt. if its the same as the normal cars its about £10 I think when I bought mine.