ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Noises on 16v!!

Hmmm ...

Got a slight grinding into 2nd changing up or down probably about 35% of the time. Clutch is only 6 month old (and is a satch sports jobby) and I just replaced the dog bone (it was doing it before this).

Any ideas??

Dont want to let something simple linger and turn into something expensive.

Cheers

Have a similar problem with mine - its standard. If I do a quick pull away it crunches and it can ne a bit tight coming down through the gears - I have to double declutch to get it in...

BMW 320d Sport

Errr time for a new gearbox Rob?

BTW Now that Ive done the box on mine, I can tell you with absolute certainty that a Willy box will go straight on, no problem.

Experiencing simialr problem with 2nd - mines got to the stage where it wont go in above 20mph coming down the box without double de-clutching! I think its a worn synchro on second - intend to live with it for nxt few months and consider my options. If you find a soln. im all ears