ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox oil guide.

320d
In the guides section there is the Gearbox oil change guide, however the pictures are gone. Dones anybody have a guide with pictures?

I want to change the oil to keep the boxc in good condition if possible.

no pictures, but there's a drain plug at the back of the gearbox (need a new copper seal), and you refill it via the plastic 'wingnut' on the front of the gearbox (behind the radiator - need to remove airbox). there's a separate seal behind this wingnut, but should be OK to reuse

they take 3L 75/80 GL5 spec gearoil; easiest to refill using a short length of hose pipe/similar - with car level, refill until it overflows from the filling aperture

check for leaks (particularly from gear selector and n/s driveshaft) and make sure engine mounts are good (worn mounts will encourage oil leaks)

ed. as 172Ben

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've not changed the gearbox oil myself on mine, but it has been done three times in its 62k life. I think it's worth changing more regularly than is recommended - it certainly can't do any harm. :)

D.

I've not changed the gearbox oil myself on mine, but it has been done three times in its 62k life. I think it's worth changing more regularly than is recommended - it certainly can't do any harm. :)

D.

Don't Renault say it doesn't ever need changing? I wouldn't fancy risking that lol.

Filling the box up looks a right pain in the arse, it was hard enough just trying to undo the wing nut lol.