ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox oil

172 cup
OK so i had the common problem of the circlip snapping so i have put a new one in, i know people say itll just pop out again but im getting my mate to make me up a metal plate to tap into the box so im just gunna see how i get on with just a clip for the moment.

How much oil do i need to put into the gear box, also what oil and where do i fill it?

Thanks Mark

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm sure they have said 3.1 litres...but if its empty, just keep putting the gearbox oil in until it comes out. :)

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm sure they have said 3.1 litres...but if its empty, just keep putting the gearbox oil in until it comes out. :)
3 is good enough Don, unless it's been stripped and rebuilt.

I always warm the oil up first, makes it so much easier to put in.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I use the extendable nozzles that come on hypoid gear oil bottles (had some kicking about from an old Discovery). Piece of pipe and you can squeeze the bottle to fire it in super quick

172 cup
ok so gearbox has got to come off again so gotta get more new oil :( what is a good make to get i was just looking on opie oils but there is soo many diferent makes?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I use Total transmission BV 75w80, its reasonably priced and fully synthetic. Lots of people on here use 75w90 as its cheaper and easier to get hold of, just make sure you get the right GL spec!