ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox please please help me!!!!!!!!!!

packed up tonight!

The story....

Bought a 2 litre lump out a willy fitted it myself kept the clutch which was on it looked fine after about 500 miles packed up grinding noises and clunking from the box sparks coming out the inpection hole.

Fitted a new ebc sports clutch with spring and release bearing put box back on all back togeather after about 500 mile playing up again then struggled to select gears then sparks banging and clunking again both clutches this time and before were removed in several pieces.

bought a bb tuning uprated clutch and fitted it on my engine put the box back on then back in car grinding between gears clunking with trouble selecting gears new clutch cable and pedal fitted too sometimes couldnt get gears whilst moving even at really low revs, tonight driving fine in fourth at 40mph then the car just hit the limiter still in fourth but it was if the box wasnt there now as the two previous times the car will start and tick over in gear and you can put it through gears with the car stood still.

any ideas?

i am so belled off with the car i am not far off suicide and am starting to wonder why i didnt buy a RS Turbo

Cheers

clio 20v

did u check ur flywheel when uve been changing clutches if thats warped it could go through clutches

ur box is probably fuked now tho

adi