ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearstick Gaiter

02 Dynamique
At the bottom of my gearstick, the frame around the bottom of the gaiter, one of the clips has snapped off and attempts to stick it to the frame have proven unsuccessful. Does anyone know where i can buy one?

Volvo S60 T5
pm me with reg number I will get back to u with price pay money wait 3 days will be at your door ready for u to fit

See you're not the only one who spells it wrong Mike ;)

I bought and fitted one today (well Dave and Mike did), just over a fiver like everyone else has stated.

A

aborson

All the clips have snapped off on mine. If i purchase a new gaiter from renault ok ill just rip it off the old one. How do you fit the new onto the gear stick is it easy?

Thanks

Da

Less
Yeah it's easy. Turn it inside out and with the new supplied ty-wrap secure it round the collar of the gear lever (in the correct position obviously). Then fold the gaitor down so it's turned back the right way, position and clip into place carefully.
Job done, 10 mins max if you struggle!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty sure a ph2 gaitor won't fit a ph1. They're different shapes and sizes at the base.

The £48 sounds about the same as the stealer quoted me a while ago. That's the blue 172 leather jobbie. The standard gray one is like £20ish

Titanium 182
I got a price at my local Renault dealer today £36!!!! Wot a rip off. I'm definatley gonna try and bodge/fix mine.

That can't be right.

Mind you Mike was telling me that Renault have ramped up their prices on certain items recently :(

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
This happened to mine, I caked the circumfernce of the plastic in this Bostik All Purpose extra strong adhesive, haven't had any problems with it since.

mavez

Honda. Tesla Someday
This happened to me a couple of months back and then, a few days ago, I had an idea...

I have a MK2 PH2 56 plate clio. The two bottom clips of my gaitor had broken. So what i did was...

I DRILLED 2 SCREWS IN TO THE PLASTIC EDGE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LEATHER AND USED THE SCREWS AS CLIPS!

Pushed it all down and it fits perfectly and will not come off, even when I pull it!!

THERE YA GO!

Black Clio 182+cups
nice one. anyhow the frame on mine (182) has detached itself from the centre console during some fiddling and the plastic parts on the frame to hold it down have snapped off and lost. the gaiter and clips are fine. how much is it for that frame with/without gaiter and what's the part numbers anyone? help is much appreciated as i have a feeling the local renny will rip me off

Honda. Tesla Someday
nice one. anyhow the frame on mine (182) has detached itself from the centre console during some fiddling and the plastic parts on the frame to hold it down have snapped off and lost. the gaiter and clips are fine. how much is it for that frame with/without gaiter and what's the part numbers anyone? help is much appreciated as i have a feeling the local renny will rip me off

If I'm reading this correctly, I drilled in to that frame!

The frame is on the bottom of the gaitor, its the plastic 'ring' with the plastic parts that hold it down.

My bottom two plastic parts had broken off the frame, so I drilled in to the frame and put in 2 screws, which in effect 'replaced' the missing plastic parts.

pushed it all down and the screws acted as the missing clips and held it down. Perfect.