ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

general 182 questions/opinions

Yaris Hybrid

The Formula Palmer Audi was a bit lame as well, the Jag and the Caterham were by far the quickest cars.

Dunno why those Clios at Bedford would need to be limited. Same engine as in our cars and they dont produce any more power than a 182 - just over 180bhp. Now if they self destruct with hard use then so will our cars...

Yes my 182 rattles a bit

Yes my 182 paint quality isnt 100%...but its not bad!

Yes my 182 knocks a bit on the overrun, Ill get this sorted on the first service

BUT

Drive it along a windy empty country lane and youll realise what the 182 is all about, driver involvement & fun, extremely quick, agile and quite forgiving! So I can more than forgive my little Clio for the forbiles above because the drive is flipping fantastic.

If you want a quiet, boring, uninvolving drive...why dont you trade your 182 in for a middle of the road "Mr Mundane and distinctly lacking in the imagination department" for a nice Vectra.

Sorry rant over!

[Edited by Paul_G on 15 November 2004 at 9:51pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Doigy on 15 November 2004

Yes its racing blue... Im only using CarPlan T cut wax at the moment... What do you suggest to get rid of it?
Ah.......thats why you have the cobweb effect lol!

Stop using the halfords stuff and try the following

Wash the car in washing up liquid to strip it of all the T cut crap

Clay the car with a clay bar and lubricant from meguiars

Apply meguiars swirl free polish which will remove your existing swirl marks

Leave for a few hours and apply a thin coat meguiars of NXT tech wax, repeat after 12-24 hours.

Apply nxt tech wax once aweek for a month to build up the layers and then a wash once a week with a lambswool mitt (not a sponge) wuill keep your car cobweb free!

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

yeh i love it, i find myself making pointless journeys just to drive it, i even offered to go to the mother in laws over the weekend just for a drive !!!!!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 15 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Doigy on 15 November 2004

Yes its racing blue... Im only using CarPlan T cut wax at the moment... What do you suggest to get rid of it?
Ah.......thats why you have the cobweb effect lol!

Stop using the halfords stuff and try the following

Wash the car in washing up liquid to strip it of all the T cut crap

Clay the car with a clay bar and lubricant from meguiars

Apply meguiars swirl free polish which will remove your existing swirl marks

Leave for a few hours and apply a thin coat meguiars of NXT tech wax, repeat after 12-24 hours.

Apply nxt tech wax once aweek for a month to build up the layers and then a wash once a week with a lambswool mitt (not a sponge) wuill keep your car cobweb free!

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/http://www.meguiars.co.uk/
yeh i pmd him about this and he has the stuff on order already.

it makes me laugh when you get some people on here say whats the point in using meguiars/zymol/mothers, well this is why you dont use halfords/turtle sh*te/ etc etc.

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 15 November 2004

yeh i love it, i find myself making pointless journeys just to drive it, i even offered to go to the mother in laws over the weekend just for a drive !!!!!!!!!

Yeah too true! Had a hire car the other week when I was away on business - Ford Focus C-Max. The first thing I had to do when I got back was take the little Puppy for my regular 15 mile country blat round the block which Ive developed!

yeh i got a 307 d turbo for work and it just does my head in, i would use the 182 if it wasnt for the miles i would put on it

CLIO 197 Ultra red

Meguiars gold class ans soft shampoo is total quality. use nothing else. and the meguiars waffle cloth to dry it. cant beat it..

I used to use the pro #16 paste wax which gave great results on my cup but the nxt just seems to outshine it and almost produce a glossy seal over the perfect paintwork!

^^is that the NXT tech wax, if so is it just a wax or does it have a polish in it

this one

NXT Tech Wax

NXT Tech Wax is unlike any car wax you have ever tried before. Just apply it to one section of your car and compare it to the best wax you have in your garage. Nothing even comes close to this amazing product. Your paint will appear even darker and richer and the shine will be the deepest, clearest you’ve ever seen. Our new ESP (Engineered Synthetic Polymers) technology creates a tougher polymer bond to your paint so it can provide extreme protection. This is now the longest-lasting car wax that we make. We know that you hate those fine scratches and swirls that are common with clear coat paints. That is why we engineered this formula to dramatically reduce the prominence of those fine scratches so you too can have a flawless finish.

532ml - £14.99

Lee

BMW M2C

Mine is done with Zymol Titanium wax. When parked next to exactly the same car mine looked a lot darker with such a nice deep coat of wax on it. Months on the water just runs off it. Amazing stuff.

Sod the mileage, I dont get spending all that money on a fun car but not driving it. If it was a boring car then fair enough, what the Clio loses in value it more than makes up for in enjoyment terms for me. Im going to hit 8k tomorrow and Ive only had it 4 months. My 172 had covered 22500 miles in just over 12 months with me from new. 12k of those were my daily commute, the rest were pleasure.

Oh, and I think my exhaust is starting to rattle but Ill just add it to the list of things I want looking at, then when I have a few more Ill book it in.

Lee

BMW M2C

Which Zymol is it? Ive got the Titanium wax starter pack, it wasnt cheap but it certainly seems worth it. The pack I got was £128. :eek:

Amazing stuff though, and applied with your bare hands, it did my eczema the world of good. LOL

yeh i got titanium as well as carbon wax but the meguiars is 4 times the size and only costs £20, also the bottles of cleaner are only £10 and there 4 time s the size too, its very good stuff.

brazo that cup is looking good, you have any full car pictures, i might give that nxt a go

[Edited by 182blue on 15 November 2004 at 10:31pm]

yeh that looks good, i found that just a top up every so often with wax works well, but starts to need the full treatment every 6 months, good stuff that zymol, but like i say mothers is very good too, in fact if anyone is interested i can source some products directly from the states for aprox $9 shipping for about 2 bottles, and the waxes themselves are stupidly cheap (like about £5 a bottle)

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 15 November 2004

I had an interesting metallic sounding vibration as I hit 7k today, normal?!?!
I thought valves were hitting pistons!
Could just be your not used to it.

If the valves hit the pistons youd know when it all goes bang. Stock valves springs are good for ~9.2k before they hit the pistons. Other bits wont live at that sort of RPM though.