ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

general lens

neither mate they wont offer anything more than your kit lenses apart from saving you a few lens swaps. For that money or a little more you could get the excellent Tamron 17-50 2.8

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i want to avoid the lens swap and replace the 18-55 as it not enought at times.
when your in a busy area like pits some something i can just use the one

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You'll be surprised how short 135mm actually is.. especially if you're used to 300mm !

Perhaps a Canon 55-250 will almost do all of what you want, however it's not 'that' wide. Then again you could probably get a 350/400d body for £2-300 and just use 2 cameras with your current lenses ?

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i still going to keep by 70-300, but i wanted to replace the 18-55 for something thats a lil better walk around lens -

ie when i am in pits or on holiday etc to save the swapping to keep getting my big lens out.

i am leaning towards the sigma lens as the sigma 70-300 lens is a nice one but unsure about the canon as people say thats good too?

Nikon D700
Perhaps if we had a better understanding as to what you're likely to be shooting/currently shoot, then I'm sure some better ideas will come out about what Lens would be best.

You keep mentioning the pits, so I guess you do some motorsport stuff?

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
yeah i do like motorsport shooting use the bigger lens for track side. and the smaller lens in the pits etc

but i use it for holidays etc, going places/site and taking pictures.

just after a general use lens to replace the 18-55 to save the lens swapping all the time....

hope that helps and thanks :)

Personally i see little point in swapping one cheap kit lens for another. Maybe a superzoom such as the tamron 18-270 would be good. If you dont like swapping lenses and image quality isnt that important to you, then a superzoom compact camera could be a viable option.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i got a zoom which is suitable for what i use it for.

just want to look a different lens to replace the smaller lens so it can be a bit more useful

I have lenses that cover 10-300 mm. If I were to be looking for a new lens which overlapped that range it would need to offer something else such as better quality, larger aperture or even reduced size but I wouldn't buy a new lens purely to save me a lens change.

My advice is sell both your lenses and buy the excellent (given wide focal length) Tamron 18-270.

Not sure how the Tamron 18-270 compares pricewise with the Canon 55-250, but I've had great use out of a borrowed 55-250 recently and they aren't that expensive. Bit restricted at the bottom end of the range, but it depends how close you go to things really!