ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Geometry settings

172 Cup plus more
Hi guys

Know that this is mentioned a lot and I have read so many threads now and everyone says something different, my car is current in the garage having a lot of work and after that it will only be for track days and be trailered to and from so what advice do you have for non road geometry settings?

Maybe with this thread everyone can put what they have on their car and what they use it for.

Cheers Gaz

172/1.2/E30
Lots of negative camber (depending on tyres to be used on track) and a bit of toe out on the front. Do you want to shim the rear aswell?

172 Cup plus more
Yes mate I want shims at the rear also. I was planning the following but wanted to see what everyone else does

Front -3.4 camber, 2mm toe out.

Rear -2.3-2.5 camber on rear

Thanks Gaz

Gaz , can you give a bit more info please , as there are lots of factors

is this a 172 cup or non , what suspension setup are you running , what tyres are you running , do you have a rear arb .

the actual answer as to what are the right settings is there isn't one , as stated above camber is good , but its not a case of as much as you can get , its more a case of as much as you need .

setup on a track car is really dependent on tyre temps , so you can see if you have enough camber for YOU ....... you might need -2.5 degs , someone less confident might only need -1.5 because they don't push as hard and a quicker driver might want more .

as base figures what you posted above might not be too bad , but then again they might ......

if you have coilovers has the car been corner weighted , i am taking things to the more serious levels of setup as you have stated track only and that it is to be trailered to circuits .

172 Cup plus more
Ok guys the car is a 172 cup on bilstein coilovers and whiteline arb, tyres I use either federal rsr's or toyo r888 at normally 26 psi hot as I found anymore than that when they were hot the back became loose.

As for driving style I am pretty hard into corners but prefer the car to be predictable and not scitish, only problem I foresee is my gf is also starting to drive the car but she has only one trackday under her belt at the moment.

I am not sure if this helps but the car mostly see's the Nurburgring and Spa but plan a few uk tracks like brands soon

172/1.2/E30
R888s work best with a fair amount of negative camber. Around 3 degrees on the front will be fine. Toe settings are pretty driver dependent. I'd start with a few minutes toe out and see how it works.

Gaz i doubt an actual good track setup will be put on here by those that know one for obvious reasons , as your asking for something used by the race boys

1.5 rear and 2.5 front negative should be a good start with a touch (2mm) toe out on the front ,

but as its on coilovers until its corner weighted you haven't got a hope in having a setup that works on track as it should .

Lotus Elise
adjusts what percentage of the vehicles weight is acting on each tyre, helps maintain a move even tyre load.

May be worth popping along and seeing what your up to ... not sure what you have looked at so far on setup as it really is down to try and test over theory ....
Happy to see what's what with a coffee in hand ... do you datalog too

Last edited: