ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting A Nikon D40...

is dirty.
Think I am going to go for the current Amazon.co.uk offer on a Nikon D40 with the £40 cash back so will work out to about £208. What else would I need? I understand I need memory but have no idea how many photos I can store on a 2GB SD card etc. What's the best card to get? What's the best case to get? Just need a few pointers on what additions I will be needing!

Cheers, Rick.

C

clvs2222

get a bigger memory cad than 2GB if you can afford it mate. 2GB is fine but cant keep the pix on there if your going to be using it alot. cant advise you on anything else as i aint got as DSLR yet.

A4 Avant
Make sure it's a fast sd card. Play.com are doing sandisk extreme III sd cards for £16.99 inc. delivery!

I use 2gb Sandisk Etreme III's.

My advice to you is get yourself an extra battery from fleabay (cheap as chips) and a half decent camera bag. Buy yourself a good digital photography book such as Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson or one of the Scott Kelby books. Practical photography is a good magazine worth getting, as well as is joining a site like flickR or Nikonians.

Then go out and take some pictures :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
go careful buying non nikon batterys... cheap other make batts void your warentee...

Rally bus
I've been using non-Nikon batteries for 4 years and never had any problem. They last longer and were around 20% of the price. And if you do have a problem and are worried about the warranty put the original battery in before you send it for repair?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
my d2x the batts have a "cpu" in them... the camera logs the batt serial number and amount of charges and condition etc... nikon can check the serial numbers... and void my warrentee

My kit is:

D40, 2x Sandisk Extreme II 2GB, 2xBatteries (nikon), 18-200, 30mm, was using filters but have ditched them now, 2 cases (one for everything + one for just camera & 30mm), SB-400 flash, cleaning bits and bobs& monopod. Think thats my lot!!