ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting back replaced parts after garage work

172DD Cup
When people have work done and parts removed, should the garage give back anything still serviceable? General feeling?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

07 Campus Sport 1.2
i think he means maybe if you paid a garage to fit coilovers for you, they should give you back the standard shocks and springs

Ph2 Clio 172
If they are fixing something broke, then no, not really. However if they are upgrading something then they probubly will, but best to ask them anyway.

BG 182
Depends if it's something that is obviously reusable like a suspension set-up or whether it's your dusty air filter. And whether the garage could make a little profit on it because you didn't ask for it back and they have apparently "binned" it.

172DD Cup
cheers for the responses, just wondered whether it is upto the customer to request the return of said serviceable items, or whether the garage could be expected to offer them back to you on the premise that you own them.
my example was 6 month old tie rods and track rod ends. i got a new rack fitted which i didn't know came with new rods and ends. i had the wheels off last night to replace the wishbone bushes and noticed they were all new. which is nice. but pondered over whether i should have been offered the removed items?

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Something like upgrading to an upgraded exhaust or coilovers then yes, a fcuked lower arm, shafted mount etc then why on earth would I want/need it?

Edit- in your case I wouldn't be too fussed, you got something you weren't expecting so just smile and everything will be allright.