ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting Injectors Out The Inlet Mani?

titanic killer
Ive taken my inlet mani off but as ive never done this before i left the injectors in the inlet and just clipped them off at the bar
so i have an inlet sat on my floor with the injectors still in,how do i remove them?Do they just pull out?

Megane 2 GT 165
lol, loosen two bolts before you pull ;)
Have a good look and you'll see them. I didn't see them and couldn't get the fuelrail/injectors off.

ITB'd MK1
spitting on the seal is good ;) you dont really want to use grease as it can rot the rubber prematurely which is bad on the fuel system lol. Getting petrol on the seals before fitting them will make them swell and be harder to get in

Did you have to remove the alternator brackets to remove the lower manifold mate ?

As it looks tight for space :(

P.s It may be worth while buying new injector o-rings from Renault for refitting the injectors, as they'll cost f**k all i presume;)

Ph1
Lower inlet can be a pain to remove if you dont know where the bolts are and its your first time doing it.

Alternator dosent need to be touched but you will have to take the upper engine mount off so you can jack up the engine to gain access to the bolt near the pulleys.

How come you taking it off?? Are you getting the inlet ported?

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Lower inlet can be a pain to remove if you dont know where the bolts are and its your first time doing it.

Alternator dosent need to be touched but you will have to take the upper engine mount off so you can jack up the engine to gain access to the bolt near the pulleys.

How come you taking it off?? Are you getting the inlet ported?

I found that out myself last year when exchanging my inlets at AWT. I tried my best to explain to Turner the process and all went well i belive.

I found the hardest bit was re-fitting the re-worked lower inlet as the gasket position is critical and when putting the inlet into position with the gasket...it was tight and not very easy at all:eek: