ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

getting my white...SUPER white

Hey all

I have a question, i have a white clio, however over the years the white has seemed to lose its whiteness (if that makes sense). It has some areas where the white kind of looks a bit dirty, greyish...even tho i clean it, its like stained into the body :( question is, will i get this s*it of my body with the claying kit from Meguires? and if so is there any follow up recommendation to keep it from happening again?

cheers :cool:

If it's never been polished before, after claying you'll probably need a fairly abrasive polish on it to bring it back up to factory standard, then look at other polishes to bring out a shine.

no its been polished before and washed regularly with a shampoo/wax combo...and i feel that may also be part of the problem, that the wax and polish is acting as a shield under which all the nasty stuff has been accumulating over the years? i may be wrong tho.

Ok so once i have clayed it, are there any products with specific names you could give me in order to help get my car back to the showroom look, or near enough?

cheers mate, appreciate the help

106 GTI
autoglym super resin polish
autoglym extra gloss protection
and a suitable wax to seal in your hard work

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
After you've polished it, try using a glaze then finally a wax. Chemical Guys have decent products that are relatively cheap.

Farecla G3 liquid compound will cut through ANYTHING if it's used correctly/enough. Be careful with it as by hand it's fine, but with a machine if you don't know what you're doing you may end up taking the paint clean off it.

Sounds as though it needs a good polish to get rid of the stains you mentioned. Claying will remove contaminants on the paintwork which wont do any harm but polish is the best bet. A decent abrasive polish using foam applicators, same for glaze and wax then buff after each stage with microfibre cloths.

Dont go to detailing world unless you're prepared to get addicted to the whole thing and spend £££s on products!

145db Euro'd clio
T-Cut. its the only thing that will bring it back. then polish and wax. it'll take time but it'll be well worth it.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
clay bar or meguiars paint cleaner/auto glym paint renovator then some auto glym super resin followed by a good wax!

i done this to a white mk2 golf and after it, it was astonishing

or try some Daz or Bold 2 in 1 from your ma's cupboard lol

Dont use T Cut. It puts more swirls/marring/scratches into the paint, as I found out a while ago.

bugger T-cut, gonna stick to meguiars clay bar, good polishing then seal it with meguiars detailing wax to seal i in...rate that should do the job. Only prob being that i aint got a machine for the polishing....any advice on polishing techniques by hand please?

Like I said, use foam applicators for the polish and wax. Then buff with microfibre cloths. You might also want to mask the black trim off so you dont end up with white s**t all over it ;)

aaah yeah, cheers mate. Quite a few of you have been mentioning that "super resin polish" i cant find that stuff where i am, bad enough that i have problems with the language when it comes to normal shopping, never mind getting technical with car stuff...so would a simple decent brand white polish do the trick, followed by a wax?