ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting ready for the winter months??

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Just thinking how im not looking forward to car cleaning in the winter so thinking is there anything i can do in order to make it easier. Im thinking lots of layers of wax. Using megs at the moment but any other recommendations im thinking CG xxx

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
COllinites 476 and a good sealant.

XXx looks nice but isnt the most durable.

mk7 fiesta zs
i would clay the car first to remove any bonded contaminents as well as making the following layers of sealant / wax last as long as possible. any collinite wax or FK1000p will look great and a couple of coats will last 3 - 4 months (provided a gentle shampoo is used for washing) use the same products for your wheels too ;)
(oh, and get the carlack glass sealant kit - its superb in heavy rain)

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Yeah clayed my car not too long ago but think i will give it another good going over spend some more time. Think payday i will be treating myself to some nice new waxs :)
Want to keep it looking like this really: (how it stands today)

12092009088.jpg

As riz suggested Collinite 476 would be a good choice, failing that maybe look at the Jeffs range as its nice and easy to top up (just like going over your car with a detail spray) so thats very handy in the winter where you really dont want to do much more than a wash.

Your prep work is every thing a good wash, clay, deep cleanse the paint work then apply a couple of coats of a durable was/sealant and your good to go.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Is there any problems with layering up different makes of wax's?

I've recently applied 2 layers of AG high def wax and really pleased with the results, but thinking of layering some 476's over the top for the winter months

"Navy" N17 TWO
:p
Mine has a thin layer of Collinite and a layer of DoDO Juice Blue Velvet on it at the moment :)
Might just top-up every month with some Aqua Wax

Titanium 182
Whats all this about polish,
I was out chopping wood for the stove and collecting berries for the coming months last night.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Hmmm
Me & Dad get a coat of Waxoyl under the cars about his time every year - he has a 2002 dci with 114k without a spec of rust on it :)

Shame about his paintwork though he hardly washes it - and when he does it's a detailers nightmare in every way! :dead: