ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting real downforce from a diffuser and splitter..

ph1 172
Speaking to someone the other day who was racing a Westfield XTR and he was saying how much difference a proper front splitter and rear diffuser makes and that I should possibly try one on the Clio.. Sceptical, but thought it was a question that is worth raising as I cannot find a definitive answer.

I personally think that it won't work in the same manner as the Westfield/Radical's etc as the Clio doesn't have a flat floor, am I right?

Obviously to run a proper diffuser you would have to loose the spare wheel well etc..

Can someone shed some light?

Renaultsport Twingo
I think someone has put a 197/200 diffuser on a 182 with a lot of hard work. Probably not worth it unless your clio can crack speeds of 150mph or so...

Rocket 3,CB-1,Yaris
You would have to modify the whole of the underside to ensure you get decent flow for a splitter and diffuser to actually work. Could be done on the cheap purely by bolting on a big sheet of something. Doing that alone would improve the drag coefficient of the car, and give better mpg on the motorway ;)

Listerine & Poledo
You'd need to enclose the bottom of the car for a start.
Then you can start sculpting diffusers and venturi
Side sills
Front carbon winglets
Full noseplow splitter