ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting the stalk/display working with a Kenwood headunit

I've just fitted a Kenwood XXV-01D in my 2004 Clio V6. I also bought an Autoleads PC99-X12/PC99-KEN which I was assured would operate the OEM display and allow me to use the stalk controls. When I took the old headunit out there were two small ISO connectors - one I presume is for the display/stalk and the other for the CD changer?

I've searched the forum and seen that loads of people have had trouble getting this to work. The Autoleads adaptor plugs into everything OK except for the big red connector. Do I have to take the top of the dash off to fit this to the back of the clock display? And if I do will I only get "KENWOOD" appearing on the display? Or is there a new lead which plugs into the mini-ISO connector and saves me having to remove the top of the dash?

BMW M135i
The red connector needs to be connected to the back of the dash screen and its a dash top off job, bit of a pain in the arse if you ask me.

The other option is the get and adapter from car audio direct which just plugs into the yellow iso connector and gives you the stalk controls, it'll only say kenwood on the screen though.

Not sure whether the autoleads one will give you info on the dash screen.