ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

girls - insurance help!

Mini Cooper S sport
Who are the ladies on here insured with? My best quote is £378 from Sheila's Wheels, but they charge to pay in installments, so it works out at £401 in total.

It's a safe area, garaged and I'm 32 with full no claims and clean license.

I've tried Adrian Flux who got me a fairly good quote, but slightly more than the above.

Tesco, Elephant and Direct Line were all too expensive - know of any other good ones?

Arctic Blue 182
Im 27 and with first alternative (esures sister company).
£460 fully comp full no claims (9yrs), parked on a driveway - best quote i got last year.

Mini Cooper S sport
girl182 said:
Im 27 and with first alternative (esures sister company).
£460 fully comp full no claims (9yrs), parked on a driveway - best quote i got last year.

I'm with First Alternative now - they'll be about £470 if I renew with them in May - and I have 14 years no claims! Meh.

Norwich Union were expensive for me as well. I'll never understand how insurance works..:S

Chocolate Bar™
girlfriends with tesco, and they sound quite cheap. Go on confussed.com and see what it comes out with :)

Mini Cooper S sport
Middo said:
girlfriends with tesco, and they sound quite cheap. Go on confussed.com and see what it comes out with :)

Tried both of the above and Sheila's Wheels is still the winner so far ;)

Esure was more expensive, and More>Than..just waiting on a quote from Greenlight.

RB + LY 182 FF
im with directline, im nearly 22,and i will be paying £970f/c on my 172 in 6 weeks. (4 NCB) i may try sheilas wheels :)

your quote sounds good,my friend is 37 and pays £500 for a astra 1.6 with direct line in a good area.

Monaco Blue Mk2
I'd love to be able to pay insurance like that on a 182! I really wouldn't be botherd about 70 quid or so! Anyway, try Vigin Car Insurance. With them this year my insurance will be down from £1800+ to just less than £1200, on a little 1.4 :dapprove: . By far the cheapest though and interest free monthly payments. :clown:

Mini Cooper S sport
Virgin were good (£330) until I put in that I wanted my NCD protected and it went up to £447 :eek:

That seems to be the problem with them all, it's the protected no claims which is hiking them up. Oh well.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Racing Blue said:
Virgin were good (£330) until I put in that I wanted my NCD protected and it went up to £447 :eek:

That seems to be the problem with them all, it's the protected no claims which is hiking them up. Oh well.

Thats one hell of hike (percentage wise) to protect!

Arctic Blue 182
sheilas wheels wanted 520 off me!! told them i was currently 460 so they said 468 including other benefits like losing my handbag and handbag contents insurance...

Naples Valver
I'm with Diamond, they're reasonable but don't phone in the evenings cos you'll get through to a call centre in India and you don't understand anything they say and they don't understand anything you say. Not very useful!

Arctic Blue 182
GrrlJo said:
I'm with Diamond, they're reasonable but don't phone in the evenings cos you'll get through to a call centre in India and you don't understand anything they say and they don't understand anything you say. Not very useful!

had that with sheilas wheels today :( was on the phone for ages

Mini Cooper S sport
Well I went with Sheilas Wheels in the end. £373 was the final quote, so I'll just pay in one go. I just couldn't find a better quote anywhere.

Had a nightmare trying to tell First Alternative I wanted to cancel, the foreign woman just COULDN'T understand me - after 6 minutes we still hadn't established my name or postcode and I got pissed off and hung up! She didn't even understand that UK postcodes start with two letters..grrr.