ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glacier White RS250

PH1 Track Car
Recently bought myself a Canon 100D DSLR as I decided I had grown out of my iPhone 5s camera and wanted something a bit better!
First time I've ever used a DSLR so any tips or advice would be great, but here's a few of the first photos I've taken:

y3ahedy7.jpg

a8ugu8ur.jpg

me5e5y8e.jpg

ady3uguv.jpg

ade4yjy6.jpg

banajy9a.jpg

aze7egam.jpg

negube3a.jpg

te9a7y3y.jpg

Comments welcome!

Ash

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely looking car.

In regards to your pictures you will find them much better quality if you shoot them in 'raw' under your quality settings then open them using a program such as lightroom or photoshop and slightly tweak them :)

PH1 Track Car
Lovely looking car.

In regards to your pictures you will find them much better quality if you shoot them in 'raw' under your quality settings then open them using a program such as lightroom or photoshop and slightly tweak them :)

Thanks mate.

Yea I need to try raw shooting! I've got Adobe Lightroom 5 but I'm not really that sure how to use it properly, had a little play with it last night but made the pics look much worse!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate.

Yea I need to try raw shooting! I've got Adobe Lightroom 5 but I'm not really that sure how to use it properly, had a little play with it last night but made the pics look much worse!

I still make some of mine much worse aswell!

Personally using light room I change the light balance using the tool just to the left of the 'tint/temp' section then change the exposure slightly to give it a bit of a brighter appearence and you should notice some nice changes to the original image.

There are many good photographers on here that can give you some good advice that it just how I like to do things.

PH1 Track Car
I still make some of mine much worse aswell!

Personally using light room I change the light balance using the tool just to the left of the 'tint/temp' section then change the exposure slightly to give it a bit of a brighter appearence and you should notice some nice changes to the original image.

There are many good photographers on here that can give you some good advice that it just how I like to do things.

Ah sweet okay I will give it a try, thanks. Yea I was hoping for some advice on here as like I say I'm new to DSLRs so don't really know what I'm doing!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
In regards to the first 4 they either need closer photographer or cropped properly.

Look at photoscape. Free download. So easy to use and get used to simple editing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks s**t but in regards to the background, much better.

Photography is damn hard though!

Upload them using Flickr too - it retains a lot of the quality better than other image hosting sites.

Lovely looking car mate - is that a Brodit phone mount?

PH1 Track Car
Upload them using Flickr too - it retains a lot of the quality better than other image hosting sites.

Lovely looking car mate - is that a Brodit phone mount?

Sweet I'll give Flickr a try :)

And yes it is a brodit. Expensive but by far the best phone holder I've ever used, no cutting or drilling etc and looks great with it being flocked!

PH1 Track Car
Big fan of these.

Looks very nice, good spec by the looks of it too.

Thanks mate :)

Yea the spec is brilliant. Not sure what the original spec list was like but it's got practically everything other than Xenons and the upgraded speakers.

PH1 Track Car
I keep looking at these as my next after the R26, looks lovely!

Any plans?

Thanks, you won't go wrong it you do get one!

Well I've already had the mid box chopped, sound much better and get some nice pops and bangs! I'll get a video soon with the gopro.

Got bored at work the other nice and ordered some H&R lowering springs as they sit far too high as standard!

After that it will be servicing and a remap before the nurburgring at the end of May :D

Megane 250
looks mint mate, wish I waited to get that spec now, how do you find the seats & ride?, mine has standard leathers, and non-cup.

PH1 Track Car
looks mint mate, wish I waited to get that spec now, how do you find the seats & ride?, mine has standard leathers, and non-cup.

Cheers :)

Tbf I didn't wait, wasn't even planning on getting one but my neighbour had owned it since it was 8 months old and I've admired it since he had it, then one day he told me he was selling it as he needed a diesel for work so I said I would take it!

The seats are fantastic, much better than the Recaro Trendlines I had in my Trophy, very firm and supportive but very comfy. And the same goes for the ride, firm but comfortable and compliant, and the LSD is awesome! Seems like there is just endless amounts of grip.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car.

With regard to the photos, get yourself a 58mm Circular Polarising Filter (assuming you’re using the 18-55mm kit lens), this will eliminate unwanted glare on the windscreen etc and it deepens/saturates the colours. Also take a look at more Automotive photography work online and try to emulate some of the angles and locations before going for more adventurous stuff.

LY Megane R26
Thanks, you won't go wrong it you do get one!

Well I've already had the mid box chopped, sound much better and get some nice pops and bangs! I'll get a video soon with the gopro.

Got bored at work the other nice and ordered some H&R lowering springs as they sit far too high as standard!

After that it will be servicing and a remap before the nurburgring at the end of May :D

Awesome!
It's shame cooksport don't do springs for these, I have them on my r26 and it's a lovely drop.
When you going to the ring? I'll be there 23rd till 26th, cannot wait!

PH1 Track Car
Awesome!
It's shame cooksport don't do springs for these, I have them on my r26 and it's a lovely drop.
When you going to the ring? I'll be there 23rd till 26th, cannot wait!

Yea probably would have got cooksports if they did make them tbf.

Going 28th for 3 nights so just a few days after you!

PH1 Track Car
Lovely car.

With regard to the photos, get yourself a 58mm Circular Polarising Filter (assuming you’re using the 18-55mm kit lens), this will eliminate unwanted glare on the windscreen etc and it deepens/saturates the colours. Also take a look at more Automotive photography work online and try to emulate some of the angles and locations before going for more adventurous stuff.

Thanks for the advice, one of my friends told me to get a different lens too so will look into it! Yea I need to find a better location just didn't have much time as it was late in the evening so was losing light!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Still so rare on the roads these! Looks awesome mate. Actually not a fan of the smaller plate on the front... I have one on the Clio but I think the Megane's a little too big for it. Your seats are the ultimate though, want!

PH1 Track Car
Still so rare on the roads these! Looks awesome mate. Actually not a fan of the smaller plate on the front... I have one on the Clio but I think the Megane's a little too big for it. Your seats are the ultimate though, want!

Thanks, only trouble with the larger one was that it overhung the cut out which really annoys me! I do love the seats, probably one of my favourite things about the car tbh!