ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GLANZA V VS 182...?

Bit random.

They are completely different cars. 1 old, Jap and turbo. 1 modern French and NA.

Standard vs Standard a 182 will be quicker and handle a lot better.

However, the Glanza can be tuned to have a lot of power and a lot of torque for not a lost of dosh due to it being turbo.

They come with 133bhp in standard and for £1000 you can see 200+bhp.

I currently run 222bhp and 250ft of torque using the TD04 turbo from the Subaru Impreza. I'm am only running 1.0 bar of boost thou and it can run safely 1.3 - 1.4 bar of boost. This usually equates to about 270bhp at this sort of boost, which is what I am planning. I have got most of the bits together now for my forged engine build and then I'm gonna boost the turbo to 1.4bar.

For more info and pictures of my Glanza visit www.slagjdm.co.uk and for lots of general info on Starlets and Glanza's, see www.toyotagtturbo.com

Depends on the driver and are we talking stock vs stock on circuit/back road etc?

Personaly the 182 is the quicker car.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As Gee said above - if both were standard, I'd say the 182 would have the definite edge.

But then you're talking cheap turbo tuneage, reliable Jap mechanicals and a lighter car to begin with. If fettled, the Glanza would almost certainly kick the Clio's ass.

D.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my mate has the older style starlet gtt with only exhaust and filter mods and my 172 is quite a bit quicker, (especially over 80mph) plus as standard there limited to 110mph or there about. and my 172 handles better, mine is standard his is on trd springs and uprated dampers.

if the glanza is modded, which most of them are then it could be much quicker!

You can boost the standard turbo to achieve about 180bhp with correct fueling mods etc and they are really light. Glanza about 920kg, GT which is the earlier version is even lighter.
Handeling is shite as stock due to the old suspension design, but aftermarket bits are easy to get hold of which help things. I run D2 coilovers.
No doubt about it, they are reliable, cheap to run, light and can be modded to kick a 182's with mimimul fuss, but there is more to cars than just speed. It depends on what you want from a car.
The Japanese speed limiter of 112mph is easily rectified also, this is not seen as a problem. You can buy FCD's (fuel cut defencers) for pennies.

I run an Apexi Power FC standalone ECU which gets rid of all restrictions.

172 CUP
yeah i have always wondered about these

std vs std i would think 172/182 is quicker

but loads are modded would be a good challenge