ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glass in Cup

Anyone know off the top of their head if the windscreen in the Cup is still heat reflective glass? I know the Cup is supposed to have thinner glass than the 172, but is it still coated?

Cheers

the windscreen isnt heat reflective and the side windows are thinner too. good question about windscreen fitters knowing about this. They probably dont!

your all wrong i actually found out the other day that the cup screen is actually made out of an extra thin slice of SPAM so there ;)

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 16 June 2003

the windscreen isnt heat reflective and the side windows are thinner too. good question about windscreen fitters knowing about this. They probably dont!
Well the new clios seems to have lots of different ones as i had 2 wrongly fitted screens last year

thanks for pointing that out. Ill remember to call reno first and get a reference or something if I need to have the windscreen/windows replaced.. (hope Im not gonna jynx the car now :sick:)

clio williams, Ph1 172

id of thought the screen would be the same. thought it was just the side windows that are thinner on cups

996 Carrera

the windscreen is definitely non UV-reflective. I had mine replaced the other week by Autoglass and the fitter brought the wrong screen even though I told them twice over the phone that its non-reflective. Apparently they get the vehicle info off the DVLA - maybe Autoglass cant read!

I think the reflective ones have a tint to them.

I made sure they used the right one because if my GPS unit on my PalmPilot.

BTW I also had a dent put into my drivers door at the same time my windscreen was replaced. Trouble is Autoglass deny all knowledge and I cant get the CCTV tape. So if you can, use anybody but Autoglass.

Cheers,

G

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yes the front windscreen in the Cup does away with the Heat Reflective coating and the sound deadning part of the windscreen too.

Good stuff guys - thanks for that.

My reason for asking was for my GPS receiver - wanted to know if Id be able to put it on the dashboard without the signal being reflected by the coating on the windscreen. Looks as if itll be okay in the Cup :)