ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gloucester Photoshoot - PART 2

Nimbus 197
WOW, stunning shots! Very inspirational. as an amateur myself I hope I can take photos like that one day.

The silver ph1 looks loverly.

172 Race Car
Man, Dan is going to have such a big head he wont be able to fit it inside a crash helmet when I take him around mallory Park next weekend.

Very deserving tho, True legend of car photography. I just hope he can do weddings to the same standard.

Just completely stunning.

I love playing about with pictures in photoshop but couldnt even dream of getting them to come out like this.

Are they shot in .raw format for HDR or is it just a single shot with lots of tweaks?

I dont even know where tewksbury is but i want to come down to get some photos!

Man, Dan is going to have such a big head he wont be able to fit it inside a crash helmet when I take him around mallory Park next weekend.

Very deserving tho, True legend of car photography. I just hope he can do weddings to the same standard.

lol! I hope so too.....no pressure!!

Just completely stunning.

I love playing about with pictures in photoshop but couldnt even dream of getting them to come out like this.

Are they shot in .raw format for HDR or is it just a single shot with lots of tweaks?

I dont even know where tewksbury is but i want to come down to get some photos!

I actually shot all of these in highest quality jpeg. No HDR was used, and one of the shots (the rear shot of Daves 172) has multiple exposures.
The rest are as they came off the camera, and then processed in photoshop :)

Qashcow
thats how its done

DSC00621.gif

wow that looks nuts when you stand back and look at it!

Wait 'til I get my new rig up and running, the camera will be even further from the car then! (if it works!)

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
wow that looks nuts when you stand back and look at it!

Wait 'til I get my new rig up and running, the camera will be even further from the car then! (if it works!)

Hopefully the new rig will be nicer to the cars and your camera Dan! Couple of times i was thinkin the roof was flexin a lil too much. Was all good in the end! ;) Bounce, bounce, bounce! lol

Nimbus 197
Sorry, dont understand the question......

My bad. Well I'm guessing you need to 'shop the rig out of the photos. I was just wondering how you done this. I get the impression that you take the rigged shot. Then you take the same image without the rig attached(or from the same position at least). then merge the images to create the final image? Hope that's clearer haha

Ah...now I understand.

But no you dont do it that way, because if you take a photo without the rig, the car wont be moving. So you havent got the blurred background to merge in.

Just one photo, and a hell of a lot of time spent removing it with a variety of tools in photoshop :)

Nimbus 197
Ah...now I understand.

But no you dont do it that way, because if you take a photo without the rig, the car wont be moving. So you havent got the blurred background to merge in.

Just one photo, and a hell of a lot of time spent removing it with a variety of tools in photoshop :)

Oh yeah, good point. I have never really photoshopped my car photos that much, must experiment more :p

1.2 Dynamique billabong
great pics buddy, are they super clamps you are using and if so how have you connected them to the upward parts on the suctions mounts. also what are you using the other end just a tripod head or have you got a magic arm. im going to be customising mine when i have finished uni in a few weeks, think i might try making it an under car rig as i have found the same parts used to make the pinch clamps on automotiverigs.com for about £5 each rather than £100+

^^ I'd be very interested to know what youve found as a substitute for the pinch clamp assembly. At the moment, that's the only thing I need to complete my new rig :)

The superclamps are connected using a custom made 'block' that attaches to a pole which is attached to the suction mounts.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
How the hell do you drive round with it attached, esp in a multi-storey!? :eek:

I'd be too worried about knocking it off!

We didnt need to drive the cars. To get the shots we only needed to push the cars. 3mph tops.

How the hell do you drive round with it attached, esp in a multi-storey!? :eek:

I'd be too worried about knocking it off!

The common deception is that you drive normal speed with the rig on.
But actually, using very long shutter speeds, you drive (or push it!) at walking pace or less.
For rig shots, the slower the car = better pictures!