ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gmax Springs or Eibach

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Hello people, ive just booked my 172 sport in to be lowered at demon tweeks. I have opted for gmax springs at a price of 202 fitted. The salesman was a complete arse, he was saying that gmax were crap and would make the car handle worse than it is now. He said I should fit eibach at a price of 270. I explained that im no rally driver and am only lowering the car to make it look nice. Will gmax springs be alright or should I have stumped up the extra cash for the eibach? Bear in mind i dont push the car at all (well not much. he he)

ta

Cam

182 Cup
DONT DO IT!!! £202 fitted and £270 for just springs!!!!, tell him he's having a laugh!!
Buy the springs £130 for Eibachs not sure about Gmax and 40-50 for fitment. Someone will fit them for you off here if you ask nicely for about £50

Gmax are cheap shite. Go for eibach sportlines, will be far superior to both standard and gmaz, and will lower around 30mm. If you want lower than that then go for apex 40mm springs. Personally I wouldnt go lower than the 40mm on apex on standard shocks, and on an RS if i wanted lower than that would go for coilovers ..

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
As said above, Gmax are turd and you should definately get them somewhere cheaper than DemonTweeks. Go for Eibachs, or something like Apex for around the £100-£130 mark and get someone off here to fit them. I'll do it if you live near me:)

Megane225FF
gmax are ok for the money, but not the money they're charging you.
Buy the eibach's elsewhere & for a load cheaper.

Clio 172 Ph1
FredYozzasport said:
why not go for Eibachs at £130 from us and have them fitted for £40 by me??

I'll be in the market for a set of springs soon, I'm liking the sound of that. Tell me, would you be able to carry out a full suspension check and geometry check as well as the fitting?

WHERE ABOUTS ARE YOU? I HAVE PAYED £20 deposit on the gmax (doe) how much all in for eibach to be fitted? Cheers rav

is there really that much of a difference? i live in the sticks so it would cost me a few squid to travel to get them fitted. I have payed 20 deposit on the gmax but if they are really that shite then I will stay clear. Only thought of tweeks because they said they do a lot of wheel tracking once the springs are fitted. This means nothing to me as im no mechanic

Skoda Fabia vRS
Gmax are ok for the money but are no comparison really to the likes of Eibach

personally for Gmax prices id go for Spax instead, or spend the extra and get Eibach / H&R

those prices do seem very high mate, tweeks do do a full 4 wheel laser wheel align though when they fit stuff like that, which is usually about £35, its proper equipment they use aswell, not the frame thing they have at tyre places............still pricey though