ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Godspeed Hook discs

Toyota Supra, Volvo
Hi All

I purchased some front and rear discs from Godspeed for the Clio 172. I've bought a few things from them over the years and had various Brembo ca;lipers repaired by them. I've always received good service and always recommended them.
I bought a complete setup front and rear April last year, I've done little mileage on them less than 500 miles and one of the rear discs have cracked from top to bottom. I've contacted them and basically got offered 20% discount on buying a new set. It's not about the money, I want to make sure the discs are fit for purpose and not a design or manufacturing fault. It was my local garage that noticed the disc was cracked. Not had a brake issue and not done mega miles. Two track days (one cut short due to a oil leak). I've purchased a pukka set of Renault ones to replace but scared of the front cracking now. Anybody running these ?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'd stick with the Renault plain discs for the rear mate. A few of my mates have had rear wheels fly off after the disc just shattered in half and the wheel went bye bye into a nearby ditch/gravel trap

Also just check your rear caliper isn't sticking like James said, I've cracked a fair few discs over the years from w**k rear calipers and old discs

Toyota Supra, Volvo
Yeah that what Godspeed said, but calipers are fine. The calipers were also new, I'll keep to stock. That was my fear about them breaking.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd stick with the Renault plain discs for the rear mate. A few of my mates have had rear wheels fly off after the disc just shattered in half and the wheel went bye bye into a nearby ditch/gravel trap

Also just check your rear caliper isn't sticking like James said, I've cracked a fair few discs over the years from w**k rear calipers and old discs
Is this also a side effect from either the lack of spacer or incorrect torque for rear disc/hub assy. or am I making that up ?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Is this also a side effect from either the lack of spacer or incorrect torque for rear disc/hub assy. or am I making that up ?
Separate issue, the discs just came away from the bearing entirely,I've had a rear disc get pretty close to snapping in half as it started cracking where the wheel bolts up

Seen it happen on a Renault trafic a few times too. The bearing andhub nut are still on the van but the wheel is elsewhere 😂

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Separate issue, the discs just came away from the bearing entirely,I've had a rear disc get pretty close to snapping in half as it started cracking where the wheel bolts up

Seen it happen on a Renault trafic a few times too. The bearing andhub nut are still on the van but the wheel is elsewhere 😂

It's actually scary how dangerous it is having the rear disc as an all in one disc and hub, in situations when the disc cracks.

Toyota Supra, Volvo
This is my crack!!!

Attachments

• EZMS4260.JPG
    EZMS4260.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 140

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Aye bin them

I'm pretty sure they're just blank discs they just machine out

Removing material on an 8mm thick disc that requires changing at 7mm is already f**king sketchy I'm my eyes 😂

406 V6, Race Buggy
That's a moronic bit of machining putting the stress raiser that close to the edge. People machining discs to look fancy without a damned thought.