ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

going from 15" to 16" wheels - Performace

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i know loads of people here will have went from 15" to 16" wheels on their 1.2 16v's just wondering if anyone noticed a difference in acceleration, handling etc?

im going from standard dynamique wheels to Turinis.

cheers

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
depends what tyres, i went from 15s in 185 55 15s to 16s in 195 45 16s the rolling radius was pretty much the same so no difference in performance

renaultsport 182
your top speed will be the same but be aware it will change the cars geometry. and that means tracking wheel alignment will be a different setting than when it was a 15 inch wheel. making it hard to do!!!!!!!!!

RenaultSport Clio 182 CUP
Hey there Martin_89!

Would you be able to tell me, or someone else, what the wheel offset for the stock 2003 Clio Dynamic is????

Thanks

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
CL10SP, sorry cant help you but someone will be able to.

more grip sounds good as it already grips like fuk!

so im going to have to get my tracking and alignment done, just got it done 2 weeks ago :(

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
tbh i dont think it would make that much difference to be worth doing anything else i.e tracking, aligning etc. also they tyres should be different sizings too so should just be the same.
aslong as the wheels arent buckled it should be fine.

Mk2 1.6
Im thinking of getting 16's too for my clio and its currently on 15's, so if i was to put it on 16's recon it wud be a gd idea to drop 30mm on eibach springs?

anybody done this? with pics?

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
richardfirefighter said:
your top speed will be the same but be aware it will change the cars geometry. and that means tracking wheel alignment will be a different setting than when it was a 15 inch wheel. making it hard to do!!!!!!!!!

Hi im new here (im getting a mk2 1.2 8v clio campus, am i allowed to be here?!)

Anyway, from that quote i was wondering, my new car comes with 14" steel wheels. i want to get alloys, which size should i get? and if i took it to a garage like kwik fit, would they adjust the 'geometry' and all that stuff??

Mustang, S13, AX GT
easy p said:

Anyway, from that quote i was wondering, my new car comes with 14" steel wheels. i want to get alloys, which size should i get? and if i took it to a garage like kwik fit, would they adjust the 'geometry' and all that stuff??
I've got 17s on my mk2 (ph2) and they fit on very snuggly, so dont go over 17" or you'll need arch work. when you buy the wheels specify the year your car is aswell as model as they will probs need spiggot rings. I've not needed to adjust the tracking but did get the wheels balanced. Wherever you buy the wheels from should be able to do that at no extra cost. failing that if you go to a wheel/tyre fitting place they should balance and fit them for around £10

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
easy p said:

get yourself 15" dynamique wheels like mine looks tidy, going to be sad when taking mine off! lol

0506200617ld.jpg

0506200657qm.jpg

alan said:
Nah was working mate...
double cheeseburger & fries please ;)

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
Martin_89 said:
get yourself 15" dynamique wheels like mine looks tidy, going to be sad when taking mine off! lol

0506200617ld.jpg

0506200657qm.jpg

Hi

Do I see 195/50/15 tyres on the picture ? Or are they a different dimension ?

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
they arent bad! but my clios black aswell aand i think im going to go for an all black look.

How much did it cost to lower?

if i get 16's will it need some bodywork to fit them in?

Martin_89 said:

0506200617ld.jpg

0506200657qm.jpg