ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going out in GTI 180 tomorrow!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Got to say it looks better in the mags than it does in the flesh. This one has some dodgy double headlight conversion and lexus rear light (all standard Pug options - me thinks max power!!!)

But ill see what its like tomorrow at 1:00......

please acept my condolences - if its owt like the ordinary GTi it will be disappointing to say the least after a 172!!

I agree with Kathy, having had the misfortune of driving a 206 GTi (138bhp) for 2 months earlier this year.

Was gonna say.... if youve got a 172... then it wont be any quicker than that. My 167bhp 306 is still just as quick and is heavier. And the handling aint much (if anything) better.

Looks wise.... nice interior... ride height looks a little high for me.... could do with being lowered 30mm or so.

the only one thing i liked the look of on the gti 180 was the interior - it is possibly nice - but not actually sat in it!

Abarth 595 Trufeo

I took it out last weekend before ordering the new 172.

It was nice but we couldnt tell the real potential as it only had 5 miles on the clock.

The interior is very nice - the seats are very supportive & I loved the back seats - all sculpted but you can only sit 2.

I found the gear stick to far back kept on smacking my elbow on the seat changing into second & fourth.

Also going up an insurance group to 17 put me off

Helen

I was in one this week. It definatelly needs lowering a bit and the interior was lovely,only let down by poor quality plastics and a handbrake crafted in an Amsterdam sex shop.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Didnt feel as quick as mine!, especially in 1st and 2nd!! There I said it!!

Did I mention it had good seats?

The clutch is way to light and the brake pedal is in such a weird place. You have to pull your foot right back to press it.

Good steering and the handling was very good, well equiped too.

Still not sure about the Max Power looks though. Its a bit soft really, when you get into a 172 it feel all meaty and manly whereas the Pug is just a bit light weight.

Any thoughts?

Quote: Originally posted by tomboy on 03 August 2003

I took it out last weekend before ordering the new 172.

It was nice but we couldnt tell the real potential as it only had 5 miles on the clock.

The interior is very nice - the seats are very supportive & I loved the back seats - all sculpted but you can only sit 2.

I found the gear stick to far back kept on smacking my elbow on the seat changing into second & fourth.

Also going up an insurance group to 17 put me off

Helen
Its got a horrible plastic dash, Errrrrghhh

I know someone with a 206 Gti (not 180 version) and the dash is horrible. The car doesnt look right to me from some angles either.

its bound to be sh*t
peugeot make shir cars
my mate had a 206 gti and everytime you came up to a junction the car would stall , losing all power steering and breaks and that was a 2000 spec car

going by bhp its probably gonna be about 160 bhp

not 180bhp