ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going racing

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
So my wife is doing her ARDS test next month with the intention of going racing this year.

I'm a little stuck for which championship to prep the car for though.

I'm thinking the 750 Motor Club Hot Hatch championship, there's not much in the way of competition by the looks of it, seems to be mainly Fiesta ST150s.

We've also been recommended the BARC Tin tops but it seems to be predominately based at Brands Hatch.

Then there's Tricolore Trophy but I really don't think the car would be at all competitive.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? The car is practically standard engine wise and probably weighs about 950kg so maybe 190bhp/ton, which may make a difference to which championship we aim for.

Whats the spec of the car?

There is a new class in the tric trophy this year called production plus which is aimed at reducing the cost of expensive engine tuning. You may want to give it a look :up:

WRX
Was going to suggest Tricolore Production Plus like above. Standard engine but pretty free on everything else. Seems like you have done some weightsaving, so I think CTCRC Pre 05 is out, as you have to have original panels and glass. MSV trackday trophy maybe another option.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Engine -
Ported inlets
Decat
RS Tuner
Ktec exhaust
Ph1 airbox with pipercross filter

Suspension -
Kam Racing top mounts
Powerflex bushes all round
Spax RSX coilovers

Brakes -
either Formula Renault 4 pots with Pagid RS pads
or standard discs with Ferodo DS2500 pads

Wheels and tyres -
Team Dynamics pro race 1.2
Nankang NS2-R

Inside -
Safety devices 6 point cage
TRS 5 point harness
OMP steering wheel
some sort of bucket seat

Clio 172
Sounds a perfect spec. for production plus. Also you'll be in the company of many other clios in the tricolore.

I'd also be very, very surprised if the 750mc offering isn't very competitive with some very big budgets to match.