ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to my Renault dealer tomorrow...

Hi. I am going to my Renault dealer tomorrow to try to get rid of some rattles.

My Clio 172 developed an annonying "clink-clink" sound on the steering column where the steering wheel meets the dash. Also, the passenger seat , the passenger door and the plastic panel from the hatch have some rattles.

Is there any Renault bulletins to help my dealer locate the source of the noises? Using some kind of damper material like dynamat on the inner side panels will help to minimize the rattles?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Mexico City!

Not a clue mate, but do give them a quick kick in the teeth in advance. Most dealers turn out to be t***s. So its best to get your anger out of the wat before they pull down your pants and start rodgering you with the crap they will tell you...that doesnt make sense at all does it! :confused:

Paul

Believe it or not, Mexican Renault dealers are very polite altough I am pretty sure they don´t have a clue on many things regarding the cars they sell (as in Renault UK according to a lot of threads on this very forum).

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Dr. Wagner Jr on 15 November 2002

Believe it or not, Mexican Renault dealers are very polite altough I am pretty sure they don´t have a clue on many things regarding the cars they sell (as in Renault UK according to a lot of threads on this very forum).
Dr.

My local dealer was Rover for 20 years or more. Suddenly they know all about Renaults........ I worry!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

my clio just started making a clink clink noise too let me know what it is!!

Clio 1.6 16V

Would be interested in the cure for the rattling passenger seat. Not a problem when you carry a passenger. Seems as though the seat is slack in its runners. Can be reproduced if you give the seat a dunt in the backrest. Thinking of buying a temporay manikin for use when no passenger present;)!

Believe me or not this is the ONLY rattle that has developed so far on my MKII 172. Out of the 5 clios I have had this is the one with the hardest suspension and least rattles! Previous cars sounded like an orchestral percussion. Maybe at last the Reno production line has hired some new tightenupperers :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

take the passenger seat out of the runners lob loads fo grease in

bend the runners about 1mm in - bingo all done

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

try the grease first

or better still take it back and get new runners

I received my Clio yesterday.

The tech guy told me to "test" the car but he didn´t tell me what were the noises origin.

The car feels solid and noise free