ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to see this for my Mrs....

Mk4 .:R32
My missus is getting her first car in the next couple of weeks. She has see a 2005 clio for sale at the local Renault Sunwin garage (known to be a bit of a rip off).

It's done 37k miles, looks in good nick, fairly standard spec...

It's up for £4990, which to me is a bit over priced...but everyone knows you pay more at a dealers for warranty and to allow for the salesman's commission.

thoughts

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...Query=cheap RENAULT CLIO&adtype=autotrader-uk

320d
I'd buy private. That is well over priced imo. Put it this way, how much is a 2005 182 worth? They go on here, pistonheads etc for 5.5K regularly, some especially mint ones more obviously but still.

So they're selling a 1.4 Dynamique for only £500 less than what you can get a decent 182 for. Also with that budget i'd be looking for a dci 80/100 with all the kit.

Audi S1
Oh no no no

brandimage.jpg

ITB'd MK1
I'd buy private. That is well over priced imo. Put it this way, how much is a 2005 182 worth? They go on here, pistonheads etc for 5.5K regularly, some especially mint ones more obviously but still.

So they're selling a 1.4 Dynamique for only £500 less than what you can get a decent 182 for. Also with that budget i'd be looking for a dci 80/100 with all the kit.

doesn't really work like that. Small engined cars are worth as much as big engined at the moment due to running costs.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Glasses guide:

Trade: £3750
Retail: £4875

I think that cars about £500 too dear.

Motorbikes

doesn't really work like that. Small engined cars are worth as much as big engined at the moment due to running costs.

Also buying trade is more expensive than private.

Ph2 1.6 16v
I got my 1.6 2003 Clio with nearly exactly the same milage for £3350. It was 5 door (maybe worth more?) and was the privilege series I think that is meant to be more luxurious?

It is too much in my opinion, you should be able to get them down easily

320d

Fair enough but this is a 1.6 16V we're talking about here not a 1.2 or dci. Its a decent sized engine, running costs won't be hugely less than the 2.0

If it was a dci 80 or 100 then fair enough, £35 RFL, 60MPG etc but a 1.6 16v makes little sence to me personally.