ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(Golf MK4) Car won't start after removing boot lid?

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Cars not starting now and its the first time I have started it since removing the boot lid (been sent to a body shop for some work)
I don't know for sure if its the boot and the likely answer is to just try connecting the boot again and I will when I get it back.
Just interested to know if anyone has experienced with removing a door (incl boot) from a car and it refusing to start.
The immobilizer might be the issue but the key symbol on the cluster does not come up. Neither does any other light.

I tested the HT leads and spark plugs. I also checked and refilled the fuel as the car has been standing for a couple months now. (I start it occasionally). All was fine.

I plugged the machine in and got the following relevant fault codes:

- 17978 Engine start blocked by immobilizer P1570
- 01330 Central Control Module for central convenience (J393) - sporadic - adaptation limit exceeded

I am having doubts though about the immobilizer because the car should start for like 2 seconds then switch off, but it doesn't. All it does is turn over (just the starter) and nothing else.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
If you leave the boot open on the megane it will refuse to start, displays boot open on the dash.

Have you tried getting someone to hold down the latch pin or similar? Not sure of the golf's setup...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The MK4 golfs can be funny. It'll prob work when you plus it all back in. My mate had similar with a door module.
Oh and check fuse 14. It could be that.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I know someone had a golf which the boot flexi with wires in had chafed, the wires had broken and were earthing on the boot lid blowing the central body module fuse.