ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

good body shop in my area?

hi guys, ive been a member for a while now but have never posted so heres my first...hello to all!!

just wondered if there was a decent bodyshop in my area (wilmslow, South Manchester) that could put my side skirts on for me? also wanna have the car lowered but wasnt sure whether to go 35 or 60mm, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (its a 1.2 16v dynamique in nautical blue, will post pics soon off mods etc).

cheers, jd

RS Megane DCi 175
Skirts - There's a place right opposite where I work and his work seems spot on.
Booth road, in Sale (M33 7JS) - number is 0161 973 0001.
Springs - You can do yourself mate. 40mm is ok on standard shocks. If you want to go 60mm you'll prob need uprated shocks as well - or you can fit them to your standard shocks but they'll wear much quicker.

thanks for the info matt, but how do you do the shocks yourself? thinkin will jus go for 35-40 because only want to get rid of the gab between the wheels and arches! jd

RS Megane DCi 175
combine04 said:
how do you do the shocks yourself?

Well there's a guide knocking about somewhere - it's a 1.5hr job if you don't know what you're doing. It'd be worth doing yourself if you can get your hands on some spring compressors - a garage will do it but they'll charge you a fair bit on labor I reckon.

Maz

LY 200
Its not Manchester but its a very good body shop well worth travelling to Warrington for imho they do evo's and everthing Palentine Motors 01925 635546 :) and welcome to cliosport

Chocolate Bar™
you've got bradburys in stoke (bout 40 mins away from wilmslow) did the paint for the cream egg cars on an advert about to be released, also did the pea car