ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good Dealer Service!

Took my car in today for its 18k service. They were excellent. Cost less than I expected: 128 quid all in.

Need replacement Rear Wiper Blade, Front Brake Pads (80% worn), handbrake needs resetting, and front tyres are down to 2mm each.

Renault prices:

Wiper blade: 7.50

Handbrake adjustment and reset: 35 quid!

Brake Pads: 90.60!!

Told them to get stuffed with those prices. Will be able to get them all done cheaper locally.

Very helpful service though, even the parts department seemed to know what they were on about (makes a change!)

Also got to take a look at a CUP (Im impressed!), and the new Meganes are starting to grow on me (scary!)

The dealer is question was: Sutton Park Motor Company: Sutton Coldfield, who I believe have been recommended on here previously as well.

LOL.......... I was quoted £550 for 2 new front disks and a normal service once! .............Yeah right i only went there because I was being lazy..

Lee

BMW M2C

I had the famous seat rattle and temperature gauge done there a month ago. They were fine with me too, and the car will be going back for its service there.

Im glad they have a Cup to play with, maybe they wont feel the need to thrash mine now next time its in. Im paranoid and always wait with my car if I can!!

I probably pass you on the Chester Road if thats your neck of the woods. I drive Cannock to Brum that way every day.

By my reckoning thats 3 for 1 against Sutton Park Motor Co. I still think we need a sticky thread where people post decent dealers. Since Ive started reading this forum and owning a Renault, other than the cars being fun the rest of the ownship experience reads like a horror story!! It would make a nice change to have something good to say. Good posts always disappear first!!

Hmmm.. mine had done over 8 miles when I got it back.. I wonder! :cry:

But other than that, their customer service was fantastic.

Im not a local to Sutton Coldfield, I just decided to go for a service there because I noticed they had provided good service to other people on here - thought it had to be a good sign! Im glad I made the trip down there!

We definitely need a sticky thread for all the good dealers out there!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Clare on 12 May 2003

Hmmm.. mine had done over 8 miles when I got it back.. I wonder! :cry:
Maybe the lads went out to MacDonalds for their lunch in your car!

You are absolutely right in getting the work on your car done locally. It will be done thoroughly too (if your garage is good) and at a more realistic price.

How the heck did they arrive at £35 to adjust a handbrake?? Daylight robbery!! My local garage would just do it - often if you build up a good relationship with your good local independent garage they will do all sorts of minor things at no charge. They value your custom and want you to keep coming back.

I had the service done at Renault! Just the extra bits are going to be done somewhere else.. for less than half the price (I might add..) with Renault parts.