ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good garages in London? Need aux belt changing

Hello

Unfortunately ringing through the garages who have serviced the car I have bought the way the service intervals worked out means that at 45k my car hasnt had the aux belt done.

I am looking for somewhere to get it done in London area and am most likely going to steer clear of Renault due to the extortionate prices. Would anyone else be able to recommend a garage in London who don't charge through the roof but will still do the job competatly? Any idea on how much this is going to set me back?

Thanks in advance!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
2 hr drive down to Rentech in Portsmouth? - guaranteed you will not get ripped off (probably half what a Renault dealer would quote), and the service is second to none.

Thanks alot for replies, wondering if the tensioners etc are meant to be changed at the 36k service or is it just the aux belt itself changed??? How would I know if they need changing?

BMW E46 330i Touring
The cambelt doesn't HAVE to get done yet mate, although it is recommended soon. I think Renault say by 60/70k miles.

Rentech is your best bet if you can get down there, top notch service and will be a good price.

FF 182, v6 wheels
adam holmes in hendon is brilliant. i can get you a big discount there.

oh and patrick, if you still want the tyres mate, just go down and my cousin said he will see what he can do

BMW E46 330i Touring
Ah, didn't know that, always assumed it was a mileage thing.

Fountain of useless knowledge Mr. Fred.

Any ideas on your Exeter-based lady-friend yet!?!