ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

good insurance companies

anyone know of any for an 18 yr old with a 1.2 new shape clio with lowered suspension, backbox and 17" wheels??

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

HIC - Number is on the big post that is pinned.
Elephant - As was said in the other post, add a couple of older female drivers (Mum, Nan, Aunty), or your dad if he is point / claim free (Max NCB).
Direct Line (Not sure about mods though).

Remapped derv Golf

^^^^^^^^^^^

They were well expensive for me! Must no like London postcodes I reckon.

They wanted £1500 to insure me. I pay £670 with axa atm.

Liverpool Victoria dont like modifications any more. Neither do Norwich Union. Most companies accept simple mods like alloys, side skirts or cosmetic mods, but as soon as you start modifying your car to improve performance, top speed or acceleration then they wont touch you. In your case, the suspension will push the premium up.

http://www.admiral.comwww.admiral.com - they were good for me this year with my dad as a named driver. They wanted 1400 just for me, ended up with a quote of just under 900 (22 with 5yrs NCB, clio 1.4 16v with alloys, suspension, brakes, filter, zorst, external decorative mods, policy also included protected ncb and b/d cover).

also try endsleigh insurance (if your a student, you get 10% discount). was with them last year and theyre ok for some mods.

avoid tescos like the plague. they do cheap quotes but lots of people have had problems with them with regards to claimin gor using their services such as legal cover.

Liverpool Victoria are the only company who wont provide me with an online quote on a car I already insure elsewhere!! :mad:

Having uprated brakes increases your premium. Sounds stupid, but they assume that because you have better brakes, you will go faster into corners etc...

Greenlight were the nuts for me. cant use them anymore though as for standard cars they aint that competitive. modded though and i couldnt find cheaper