ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good or Bad? Possible 172 for a friend

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201045372470781/sort/locasc/usedcars/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/price-from/2000/maximum-mileage/up_to_80000_miles/price-to/4000/model/clio/make/renault/radius/60/postcode/ox281bs/page/1?logcode=p

A friend of mine is going to view the above car on the weekend.

I just want to get your opinion on it? Is it over priced? Does anyone know about the garage that is selling it?

He obviously wants the best standard example he can get for his money.

Budget is around the £3500 mark.

Can you recommend any other cars?

Thanks,

Daz :cool:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Well overpriced-
for 3.5l private you could buy a well maintained 182 on 60k silver-

If he wants a 172 I would look to buy a monaco on around 50k miles for 3k ish-
Buy private- & do all the usual checks that are advised on here-

S

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  LY R26 230 F1 Team
Way overpriced for silver, If it was black then fair do's.

As said buy a monaco for cheaper or buy a members car for 3.5k

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  LY R26 230 F1 Team
Worth it if you really want it? Yes.
Worth it if you just want a RS? No.

I paid WAY over the odds for my car but it was what I wanted and it was exactly how I wanted it.

Oh and whats it worth? What are you prepaired to pay? Haggle the price see what you can get.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Golf R soon...
Worth it if you really want it? Yes.
Worth it if you just want a RS? No.

I paid WAY over the odds for my car but it was what I wanted and it was exactly how I wanted it.

Oh and whats it worth? What are you prepaired to pay? Haggle the price see what you can get.

He doesn't want to pay the asking price so I guess £300 - £500 off the price would see him happy.

Problem is he doesn't like travelling far to see a car so he is limiting his options.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  LY R26 230 F1 Team
You'll struggle to knock that much off a private asking price IMO.

If I advertise a car, I expect to get £100-200 off the advertised price. Ring the seller up to see if he will entertain the idea first.

IMO just hang on for one a bit cheaper, they are certainly not going up in price!