ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good quality lowering spring for Trophy

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
Does anyone know of any company that does lowering springs for the Clio Trophy? As when i'm on the track there's too much body roll, even on the hardest setting on my shocks.
Cheers Darren

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
Well it just seems too much roll, as even running 15" slicks and quaife diff its lifting one wheel too much and spinning up, but then again I might be expecting too much as its running 400lb of torque!!!!!!

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
It's not been easy, 182 engine, megane rods pistons,Ktecs hybrid megane turbo, its 335hp and 400lb torque and it only running at 1.2 bar of boost with no lag, all home built, the car will be on Ktecs stand at the French car show in June at Donnington and it looks standard total stealth, cheers Darren

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
Fine at moment with bolts, but if I want more, rods and pistons, then I can run a lot more boost and timing, to be honest its too much now, cheers Darren

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
Hi, I am very hard and late on my brakes and do give them a hard job but out of all the set ups I'v had on my track cars this is the best set up I'v had for feel, bite and fade, to be fair there has been no fade at all, I had a conversation with Sean at K tec and told him the problems I'v had previous with braking issues with me being so aggressive on the brakes, wanting to run 15" slicks and trying to keep the Trophy as standard looking as possible limited me to what I could have, so Sean recommended DOT 5.1 fluid and Carbon Loraine G6 up front and standard Renault up rear, the only issue is that from cold thy are noisy but to me that's not really an issue to me as the car is mainly a Sunday and track car.As soon as I put then on the bite and feel was instant.I had big brake issues with the conversion of the turbo I run, which meant changing the outlets on the master cylinder, running the brake lines behind the bulkhead and using R6 reservoirs also in the bulk head but it still looks factory as this was my aim .

Cheers Darren

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
where abouts in chesterfield are you mate?
im from there too,but not seen a trophy round these parts.
car sounds a beast.

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
Hi,Brimington,I only use it in summer months and only when its dry,it looks standard apart from the exhaust, which I had to have as the standard one was too small in diameter to take the power,you can't even tell that there is an intercooler there, Cheers Darren

RS200 Cup
Sounds like you could do with a Whiteline adjustable rear ARB, rather than lowering springs. Lowering your ride height will do nasty things to your geometry which is not ideal for a track car. http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/main.asp?sitepages=suspension geometry

Remember that shocks have no effect on the maximum body roll you get, only how quickly you get there, so adjust shocks for corner entry/exit and compliance over bumps and adjust springs/arbs for body roll and under/oversteer balance.

Having the rear ARB will increase weight transfer to your outside rear wheel mid-corner and keep your inside front wheel from lifting too much, which should help you to get that power down on the asphalt.

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
Hi, I was going to take this route but I am trying neg rear shims and front camber bolts as I have found out that there are too many other issues with lowering springs and atb so i'm tring this first then atb later, Cheers Darren

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I run -2.8 degrees front camber, -1.8 rear with standard Trophy suspension front & rear, but with the addition of Sportline springs & a Whiteline ARB set to hard - handles fantastically!!

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
cool,i use to live at tapton just down the road.
only trophy ive seen use to be in morrisons carpark at staveley,
i believe someone that worked there,wasnt you was it pal?

hope to catch up one day and have a look at her buddy.

Turbo Trophy Evo 8,
Hi Matt,I think you know me and I know you mum and dad, if its you I'm thinking of I spoke to your dad the other Sunday and he told me you sold you subaru and got a clio, I lived across the road from you, I'm Darren who had the tommi mak evo, I know of another trophy owner in town but he works at peugeot,
Cheers Darren