ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

good question

clio 182
are the engines any good on these clios 182. I just sold a mg 160 and the head went 3 times. so are there any probs with the 182 engines

clio 182
the 160 was guick for what it was but broke all the time!!! only thing i have noticed is the brakes on the back sqeak alot???:mad:

Golf GTI PP Mk7
when properly looked after the 1*2 engines are fine, and fairly cheap to maintain in the grand scale of things.

should be around £350ish, change it earlier than recommended... i would say 3 years or 40k miles.

renault will tell you 5 years or 72k miles which is a silly risk

A

Andyjock17

are the engines any good on these clios 182. I just sold a mg 160 and the head went 3 times. so are there any probs with the 182 engines

The 1*2 engines have to be better than the MG/Rover engines as in the trade they are often described as chocolate tops for the number of heads that go on them.

LY R26
yeah tbh the MG's have good engines,
didn't they win an award for making lightweight engines that produce alot of power?

- The headgasket is obviously a huge downer though.

touch wood 182 engines are good, as I want one :)

4year or 60k would be my limit unless you have a full warently for chnaging the belts.

Head gasgets are falsy blames for the K series issues though. There other issues which are the culprit you can do it right.

www.renparts.co.uk
yeah tbh the MG's have good engines,
didn't they win an award for making lightweight engines that produce alot of power?

- The headgasket is obviously a huge downer though.

touch wood 182 engines are good, as I want one :)

bit of a contradiction then.... lol

should be around £350ish, change it earlier than recommended... i would say 3 years or 40k miles.

Is that not a bit early? i was thinking maybe get it done at the 48k service? me car was registerd late december 2004?

Other wise you may as well get it done at the 36k service to save on costs?

Thanks

leon

With the K series engine its not the 'Head Gaskets' to blame as everyone thinks, its a flaw in the design of the coolant system.

Basically its not efficient enough to cool the engine sufficiently and so it overheats very easily.

The head gaskets go because they are the weak point.

Also the k-series engine was only designed to be 1400cc .... so when it was increased to 1800 more stress was put on the cooling system and internals that wasn't accounted for.

Last edited:

Is that not a bit early? i was thinking maybe get it done at the 48k service? me car was registerd late december 2004?

Other wise you may as well get it done at the 36k service to save on costs?

Thanks

leon

48k will be ok, yeah.

my point was mainly to avoid following Renault's 72k/5yr advice.