ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good shampoo that works with EGP....?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Sadly Serious Performance has run out of Duragloss and need to buy shampoo asap as I've just used the last drop of Duragloss today.:(

Any suggestions of what will work very well with EGP but will give the same pleasing results as the Duragloss or perhaps better?

Thanks.:)

Not a 320d
Dodo BTBM. 901 (Light dilutions) or Shampoo Plus (light dilutions).

EGP is about as durable as .....

well. I dunno really its so s**t.

Disagree. I know people that still use it on their wheels. Usual story of proper planning and prep etc.

To add to the list above, Meg's Hyper Wash and GWash from GTechnic.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi

What's so bad about EGP? I apply several coats after SRP ing the car, it seems to work fine quick detail spray after a regular wash.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
TBH EGP is OK, but there are far more newer products out there that probably offer a improvement in most areas, albeit probably for a marginal increase in cost. eg GTechniq C1.5 and C2, both spray on sealants, apply to glass, paint, plastics etc and buff off. 6months durability and good self cleaning properties. £10 - £13 for 100ml which will last an age

I've been using lather for 6months now and have been quite impressed, also with GTechniq Gwash. BTBM didn't feel as slick as the others but that might be down to the hard water in our area, but it still cleaned well, I just used a slightly heavier dilution than I normally would to get the same experience.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
TBH EGP is OK, but there are far more newer products out there that probably offer a improvement in most areas, albeit probably for a marginal increase in cost. eg GTechniq C1.5 and C2, both spray on sealants, apply to glass, paint, plastics etc and buff off. 6months durability and good self cleaning properties. £10 - £13 for 100ml which will last an age

I've been using lather for 6months now and have been quite impressed, also with GTechniq Gwash. BTBM didn't feel as slick as the others but that might be down to the hard water in our area, but it still cleaned well, I just used a slightly heavier dilution than I normally would to get the same experience.

You'd say the Lather is better then the Gwash then?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Both equally as good. but price is quite different
500ml lather £11.95 - 1L £19.95
250ml GWash £8.95
250ml BTBM £8.95 - 500ml £16.95

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Not in my experience, I use the same amount of Gwash as I do lather per bucket to get equal results. BTBM I need to use more to get the same results.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Not in my experience, I use the same amount of Gwash as I do lather per bucket to get equal results. BTBM I need to use more to get the same results.

I've tried the Auto Finesse Lather. Dave I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the results, thanks ever so much for letting me try it.:)

I'd say it's a good as the Duragloss, better...hmmm that's a difficult one. I used it on the Fabia which is sealed with EGP. Though I can't be sure if the sealant is wearing off or not. But either way I'll be buying a bottle of the Lather.