ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good to be back (ish)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
After selling my 197 cup back in July I fancied something different than French. I always liked golf mk5 r32's and after a test drive duly bought one. Mk5 tornado red. The noise is epic, but for me that's where it ended. It was a big heavy bus (to be expected) but the main issue I had is thing was riddled with Rot, something I've not had since 17 when I had a nova. Quite common in the mk5 apparently. After thinking "it was a bit of a project", I come the conclusion I would never be happy with it, if not the finish, the handling etc etc.

So last week I chopped it in for the following,

FB2B8DC7-0568-43A7-9688-BB76431033CB_zpsbrdg39b0.gif

91FC5A1B-6E6B-4630-8F06-2A52362F72D0_zpsh11oocrg.jpg

4F5FD174-3999-4C08-847F-106B17A4143F_zpsrrwpuwla.jpg

Spec

250 cup, recaros, RS monitor, halfords wheels

As soon as I jumped in on a test drive I was back home as it were, felt like a 197 with a turbo, which I suppose it is!

Had it for a week or so now, and love it to bits. Really is at home I a good A/B road keep finding excuses to go for a drive

Few bits planned off the top of my head

Replacement panel
Filter, forge recirc, RS gearknob, good correction in the spring as it's a bit of a swirl bus up close. Also on the look out for some 18" cup alloys in black as not a big fan of the 19" steevs, but they'll do for now, oh and some cup pillar badges

Cheers for looking

:)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lovely choice mate, I want a grey one. I see one every morning and it's lovely.

I never knew Mk5's suffered with rot?? A structural thing or a panel thing??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Cheers, red wasn't my first choice, but they are hard to get with the right bits, and looks good in the flesh

With the Golf, front wings and sills mainly suffer, I also had a few zink blisters (new to me) around the car in general aswell.

Say what you like about Renault build, but they don't suffer from rot

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

The front wings are horrendous on the MkV. Sills are also common.

Good choice mate. I've become a big fan of the 250 over the years.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Win. Great spec too

I really really want a mk3 Meg at some point.

I know exactly what you mean about it feeling just like a 197, you hardly feel like you're in a different car when you're pressing on.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
These look really nice. Loved your old Clio and at the time of you selling it was tempted to get in touch.

Hope you enjoy it

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Been on the Gin again mate?
LOL, I didn't even notice id done that haha.
And no, how dare you insinuate I was swayed by alcohol. I had just got in from work.
However any mistakes I make from now on are very much down to G&T's...lol

Clio 220 Trophy
That's lovely. I've never seen a red one in the 'flesh', really like that. Agreed about difficulty getting spec as you want in the right colour. I had a white one for the leather recaros and cup pack with low miles for the right price. Would much rather had OG or red though.

Those 19" wheels have grown on me massively in the last year or so. When I got mine I was so glad I'd found what I wanted with the standard black 18" ones but I think that looks spot on against your paintwork.

Enjoy!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
See I told you, keep the wheels!

Or at least try them gloss black first....

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
These are really growing on me.

A yellow one would be an awesome car just for the odd hoon. Might get the Mrs one.

Reactions: JD