ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye Fiesta ST, 4 years, 61,000 miles, lots of laughs

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Great video Mark! Can tell you rated it as the positives you mentioned were a lot more extreme than the negatives. Bet you can't wait for the Focus!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody hell!

Has it been 4 years already!

I know! It's flown by.

Great video Mark! Can tell you rated it as the positives you mentioned were a lot more extreme than the negatives. Bet you can't wait for the Focus!

I struggled to come up with the negatives...for me it's a hard car to fault in any way.

Great video.

Oh what we're chatting to the police about? I assume the cameras

He commented "Nice car!" when I walked back to it so we got chatting, mostly about his patrol car though.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Fair play @MarkCup its been a credit to you and a great all round fun car.
I haven't seen the video but what was the final cost as in purchase vs depreciation vs petrol cost, insurance and mods over the term.?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Fair play @MarkCup its been a credit to you and a great all round fun car.
I haven't seen the video but what was the final cost as in purchase vs depreciation vs petrol cost, insurance and mods over the term.?

There's a slide at 7:48 which shows everything in far too much detail and it's far too boring for me to post here!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My cousin's is at 230+ and a few other mods. It's just a Phenomenal car. Possible harsh ride for some oldies out there but the thing is stupidly fast and grippy.

I'm not surprised it's hard to find fault. Apart from maybe CC it has a great bit of kit and for the money it's hard to thing of a better little car.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Great video and a great car. I'd have one tomorrow if I could have the minerals to sell the Clio. My 125hp ecoboost fiesta fills the void for now though.

I'm sure you will miss it

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I agree with all you points bat the MP215 as I think the sweet spot is my CP2 that has all of the power / torque of the Mountune MR230 but does not have the exhaust or cat upgrade so the sound is unchanged .

When you get the Focus RS I would love to see how this goes with the Fiesta ST with the CP4X .

Alan

Two weeks in an i10 has made me get all sentimental so I made this...

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Hi Mark, @MarkCup I had a test drive today in an ST3 and I am tempted to get one if I can whilst theres some pre reg left, what are your thoughts on the MR200 ? are they worth the extra, about £18k vs £16.5 for an ST3. I would get the MR215 kit done anyway so thats £600, they have a slightly different interior spec and the different spec gear ratio's and springs.
So by the time Ive done the same its not far off price wise. I will also add a quaiffe diff later to tame the torque steer.
Cheers

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Mark, @MarkCup I had a test drive today in an ST3 and I am tempted to get one if I can whilst theres some pre reg left, what are your thoughts on the MR200 ? are they worth the extra, about £18k vs £16.5 for an ST3. I would get the MR215 kit done anyway so thats £600, they have a slightly different interior spec and the different spec gear ratio's and springs.
So by the time Ive done the same its not far off price wise. I will also add a quaiffe diff later to tame the torque steer.
Cheers

If I was buying one with a view to keeping it for a few years I'd search out and ST200 as I think they'll likely hold on to a little more value negating a chunk of that price premium. Otherwise, get an ST3 and add MP215. Then, apart from the visuals and the ST200's shorter gearing they're identical cars.